Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost a game against myself!
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 08:50 PM by Tenrabbits.)
I lost a game against myself!
I had a game which has just said "Waiting" for someone to join for the last two days, so I figured I'd clear it down by giving up, and lost 31 points against myself!

[Image: imagecbg.png]

That would have been grand if I'd won a similar amount for beating myself, but no cigar..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 08:58 PM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: I lost a game against myself!
(12-17-2012 08:40 PM)Tenrabbits Wrote:  I had a game which has just said "Waiting" for someone to join for the last two days, so I figured I'd clear it down by giving up, and lost 31 points against myself!

[Image: imagecbg.png]

That would have been grand if I'd won a similar amount for beating myself, but no cigar..

i guess they implemented a penalty system for quitting games so people wont be able to pick maps
edit: i tried quitting a game i started but no penalty. maybe someone already joined that game causing you to lose points when you quit?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
It's possible that somebody joined already but didn't submit their turn. If you resigned in that period of time, you'd lose the game.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Nobody had joined - it was sat at "waiting for someone" for days, so I think it had failed in the joining stage. I'm at my game limit so wanted to clear it down, and assumed that quitting before anyone had joined wouldn't affect anything!
12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
maybe someone joined right before the moment you quit.

Anonymous Clan
12-17-2012, 09:33 PM
How did the match even get 2 turns?

*Sounds* like a random glitch to me. Still, might be unlucky Tongue
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
If you look at the screenshot though it says I'm playing myself?
12-17-2012, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 09:38 PM by TheQwertiest.)
its probably a glitch. there are also times when the points gained and lost isnt shown but its still registered in the league points. try not to quit started games next time to avoid things like this from happening

Anonymous Clan
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 09:42 PM by Harti.)
This is what I meant, the game list gets (almost) only updated when the server sends a push notification to the device, nor does the opened game ever update live (which would be a cool feature for the future, though, so that you can play "live" against people).
Meaning that you've got a game open containing an older game state, but the game on the server is already updated because somebody joined (but didn't yet submit their turn, so the server didn't push notify you yet). That is, the game actually contains two players now but the local game you've opened on your device still has one (you). If you now resign, you lose the game to the person joined because the resignation action will check back with the server. Talk about bad luck.

However, what's confusing me is the fact that it says you didn't in fact lose to another person but to yourself. This could be some messy data footprint sent by the server upon resignation, maybe it takes the local game data (which doesn't have a P2 so it'll display your name), and without a league and rank it could mean that an unranked player started his placement match (which then again makes me wonder why you lost points, but well whatever).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe you crossed into an alternate reality where you are playing your evil twin.