Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite
(12-18-2012 01:17 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Eh. There's a 4 day limit before auto forfeit, so they can only delay for so long. I'm not sure this is necessary.

When you're excited to watch a replay after your 11th hour mobi heroics, 4 days is an eternity!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 03:44 PM
It's a fantastic idea and anyone who says it isn't is one of the players that stalls when they are on the verge of a loss or whatever reason they believe gives them some benefit.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
12-18-2012, 10:47 PM
From what I remember from official posts past is that the server will do a sweep to clear out "stale" games at 1AM central time. So individual games are not on their own time out timers. I think because of this some games can make it through to a fifth day.

[Image: sig.png]
12-19-2012, 01:35 AM
I currently have MULTIPLE games sitting on the fifth day. I'm almost to the point that I think the server sweeps are random.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
12-19-2012, 02:41 AM
I have thought of this idea before, but I figured people who are paying for the extra game limit might get too crabby about there being limitations on that. But I personally think it is a great idea. I can see there being legitimate reasons for not taking a turn, like being on a break from the game or needing more time to think about a difficult turn. But I can't think of any legitimate reasons for needing to start a new game in those times, except for the disappearing games bug.

Game Center ID: SarenneraS
12-19-2012, 02:55 AM
I think this is being something recursive. It's simply not fun to play if the only games that are being played back are the ones you're losing at.

12-19-2012, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 03:04 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-19-2012 02:55 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I think this is being something recursive. It's simply not fun to play if the only games that are being played back are the ones you're losing at.

if i understood it correctly, you can start new games but you have to take all your turns on your other games first.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Based on a newer thread I think this issue is becoming more and more relevant. Is there any chance that something like this could be implemented?
12-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Maybe even better would be the rule that you have to make your turns in the order of their age.
For example: if you go to sleep and during the night receive the moves for three games, you first have to make the move for the game that is waiting the longest. And only after you make all open moves you can create a new game.

It may sound harsh but the only ones who would suffer from this are sore losers.
12-26-2012, 02:09 AM
No. Just no.

If i couldn't find a proper move for a certain game and i decide to rest that game for a while (which i do quite often, and i figure more people do), that would imply that i can't play any other games?