Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters Map Creator
12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator
(12-17-2012 05:28 PM)brayton Wrote:  it might work smoother without vector in more browsers.
That's true. I don't have an idea on how to draw a hexangle onto the right position, while being able to put event listeners on it, without SVGs. Maybe the HTML5 canvas but that (putting event listeners on its elements) currently exceeds my knowledge. I'll keep it in mind for version 1.0 though.

Quote:is it in PHP?
JavaScript with asynchronous PHP requests.

Sorry to all of you who cannot view the tool. I didn't deliberately choose to make this tool unavailable to view maps on mobile devices but I'm unlikely to adress these issues without a new overall overhaul. Until then, just like the OSN, you will have to use your desktop computer to view maps, and Google Chrome.
I hope this is bearable, I'm sorry. I'll be fixing these issues sometime in the future though.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
I know that pre-deployed specials do not make sense, but maybe they could be added just so all the units are there. They could be used to create maps for the custom games that have been mentioned in another thread, or maybe just fun maps, regardless of "balance" (e.g. a map full of mobis, or a map full of brambles,....)
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
That's a good reason indeed. I'll be required to have assets for the different Specials, states and thorn barriers though. :O
Also, for puzzles and other stuff you'll need HP numbers then again, meaning that it's becoming what I didn't want it to become. :/

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Terminus Valley
My take on a large map

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 12:36 AM by TheQwertiest.)
how do you make the hole obstacle? btw, awesome tool harti!
edit: nevermind. ill treat an empty tile as the hole

here is mine Big Grin
Sandpit Shore

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-18-2012, 02:16 AM
(12-17-2012 08:14 AM)Harti Wrote:  - HP numbers (this is not supposed to be a strategy board to plan your turns Wink )

If this is what you don't want it to be, well, technically you could do the same thing by playing yourself in pass-to-play.

Also, for some puzzles, the HP numbers might not be needed anyway. Smile
12-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Very unstable on Linux. 50% chance of system crash.

12-18-2012, 04:19 AM
(12-18-2012 12:01 AM)Judment Wrote:  Terminus Valley
My take on a large map

Bombshell heaven! I do like the basic idea though of having a lower section that is harder to reinforce and is away from the bases (main action) but still plays an important role due to the wit spaces being there. Maybe just remove some of the barriers to make it harder to set up bombshell chokes.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-18-2012, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 05:55 AM by Harti.)
(12-18-2012 03:36 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Very unstable on Linux. 50% chance of system crash.

Okay that settles it, for 1.0 I'll have to address the memory issues and whatnot. Sorry for the inconvenience. With the current interior application design it is quite impossible to get rid of that issue. Sad

@Qwertiest: yeah empty tiles serve as pits. Smile

12-18-2012, 05:55 AM
No support for starting specials?! You can't really say that'd be unbalanced till you try, can you?