Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race matchups & FTA
12-17-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 10:52 PM by poweewee.)
RE: Race matchups & FTA
Great idea! I actually have data of my own, but I really didn't take down the maps...just if i went as P1 or P2. I'll try to make my stat-keeping a bit more detailed. Smile
Actually, another thing that we can do is just ask for games data, and then we could be the ones to sort all of this out. So, we could probably ask the following info for each game:

Map, P1League, P2League, P1Race, P2Race, Winner, #ofMoves, ReplayLink

and other relevant information. Then again, data collection might be a problem.... Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 12:38 AM
This looks familiar! If you guys are doing this for our benefit, we do have a way to aggregate the data automatically. We'll be doing a game balance shuffle as soon as Alex returns from his well deserved vacation.

Of course if you're just doing it for fun, have fun!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2012, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 05:08 AM by CombatEX.)
I'll still submit my games for fun anyway, but that's good to hear Adam. Also, do you plan on releasing this info to us? I know companies like Blizzard are generally wary about releasing balance data to the public. If it's the same case with OML, then we might as well continue this project. You and Alex have released this info in the past though so maybe OML is different =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Great to hear that you're willing to help us out Smile. In the meantime i'll collect data from OSN, since it has this neat filter option Wink If you can publish all data in a format similar to the spreadsheet it would be extra awesome!

12-27-2012, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 07:35 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
If you guys need Veggie data, I could start playing them more frequently than once every four games. (I usually cycle each race every time I start a league match.)

I don't think I've ever played against the veggies yet. :/

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Also, how can we calculate race power if no specials were used during a game? Prime Example I went P2 on Foundry using Veggie against the Scallies. However, since there were no specials, I might as well be Scallies because I could do the exact same game with any of the other races right?

Smile

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
With access to the db, answering this question with SQL would take a lot less time. I'm sure the devs already have something like this. To build the data on you own, it would e better to find a way to scrape the data perhaps from OSN. I'm not familiar enough with it though to know how it is setup
12-27-2012, 10:59 AM
(12-27-2012 08:46 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Also, how can we calculate race power if no specials were used during a game? Prime Example I went P2 on Foundry using Veggie against the Scallies. However, since there were no specials, I might as well be Scallies because I could do the exact same game with any of the other races right?

Smile

Not exactly true actually Tongue

When calculating what your opponent might or has the ability of doing, their race matters, even if a special is not on the map, which obviously affects the actions you take. The easiest example of this is when playing against Feedback, I know I position units differently than other races because of the possibility of a hidden Scrambler. Scalliwags is probably easiest to play against if they never deploy a special because they really can't do anything tricky. The possibility of a mobi/scrambler being in the fog of war quite drastically changes the actions I take.
12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
(12-27-2012 10:59 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Not exactly true actually Tongue

When calculating what your opponent might or has the ability of doing, their race matters, even if a special is not on the map, which obviously affects the actions you take. The easiest example of this is when playing against Feedback, I know I position units differently than other races because of the possibility of a hidden Scrambler. Scalliwags is probably easiest to play against if they never deploy a special because they really can't do anything tricky. The possibility of a mobi/scrambler being in the fog of war quite drastically changes the actions I take.
I agree with all that you said but...... I hadn't seen special usage on foundry for a while...
12-27-2012, 06:50 PM
(12-27-2012 11:39 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 10:59 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Not exactly true actually Tongue

I agree with all that you said but...... I hadn't seen special usage on foundry for a while...

Lolwut?