Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adorables going first on reaper.
12-22-2012, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 07:39 AM by Emuchu.)
RE: Adorables going first on reaper.
(12-22-2012 06:50 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I've currently drawn out the map and I have made my own counters for wits and paper units. I'm trying my best to find a solid counter but no luck so far. I'll challenge you after.

I think a major problem, even if there is an easy counter to the rush, is that counter will require definite steps to make which may leave P2 at a disadvantage. For example of P2's second turn they must either gain vision of the mobi's potential position or prepare for it otherwise, leading to 2 definite openings for P2 that have to be played. Not sure that would be healthy.

It's not. Let me tell you how my games with Terence usually play out:

Standard Mobi Rush opening to Turn 5, Mobi drops Sniper on the border. Terence builds a wall of 2 boosted Soldiers, 1 boosted Runner, and the Heavy. Sniper steps forward once in case I move through the center.

Dogfighting ensues. Terence loses Heavy and Runner, and usually a Soldier, and takes a Sniper, a Runner or two and sometimes the Mobi.

Rush is over, P1 still at advantage with Snipers on board. P2 lacks vision and tends to scout right into Sniper range with Boosted Soldiers. Spawn another Mobi. Rush again.

The problem is that you can stop this rush, but you can't stop the rush at an advantage, or even at neutral. Exzachtlee showed me that my previous view that Reaper was fair and most players simply needed to learn the correct tactics may be incorrect, and Reaper may need to be edited.

The danger with the Mobi Rush is that you simply don't have the time to prepare. Mobi completely negates the movement costs associated with Snipers and Heavies, and they just pick at your forces until you're too weak to stop the invasion.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adorables going first on reaper. - Emuchu - 12-22-2012 07:22 AM