Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adorables going first on reaper.
12-27-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: Adorables going first on reaper.
Wasn't planning on rushing so hard, so quickly, but it was there. 7 turn Mobi Reaper rush.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 03:29 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-22-2012 10:18 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 09:53 AM)game_taker Wrote:  I think I found a good way to counter the mobi rush as p2. However only had the chance to play myself is someone would challenge me I'd like to test it.

I think I can...I think I can... Anyone want to try with me?

your style definitely stops your opponent from going for the mobi rush but not getting your wit space early on puts you at a disadvantage on later turns. nice try though. if you have a different strategy against P1 adorables i would love to test it with you if it works. Smile

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I think the map needs two more pre-deployed units, or an alternative placement of the spawn point.
12-27-2012, 05:33 PM
You could probably prevent that rush though if you place your mobi closer to the side with the heavy Smile

I think Adorables are really powerful in this map, whether as P1 or P2, against any other race, simply because of the predeployed sniper and/or heavy. Mobi vs. Mobi in this map is really interesting since you would try to gauge where the other player is trying to place his/her mobi.
12-27-2012, 11:49 PM
(12-27-2012 05:33 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I think Adorables are really powerful in this map, whether as P1 or P2, against any other race, simply because of the predeployed sniper and/or heavy. Mobi vs. Mobi in this map is really interesting since you would try to gauge where the other player is trying to place his/her mobi.

Absolutely, i've only had success beating adorables in Reaper when i play adorables as well, if i play any other team against adorables i know it's going to be way uphill, even as P1.

They can so easily adapt to anything you do to counter the rush that you're pretty much a sitting duck!

GC Name: s4mbita
Super-Titan
12-28-2012, 12:05 AM
(12-27-2012 03:27 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 10:18 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 09:53 AM)game_taker Wrote:  I think I found a good way to counter the mobi rush as p2. However only had the chance to play myself is someone would challenge me I'd like to test it.

I think I can...I think I can... Anyone want to try with me?

your style definitely stops your opponent from going for the mobi rush but not getting your wit space early on puts you at a disadvantage on later turns. nice try though. if you have a different strategy against P1 adorables i would love to test it with you if it works. Smile

Losing one wit is much better than losing to the rush. I played game_taker with this defense and the turn 2 opening immediately puts a kink in the rush. Most other defenses cause other wit inefficiencies like moving your bonus wit runner and/or sniper toward your spawn and heavy. Losing 1 wit doesn't seem so bad. It's like p2 started with 7 wits instead of 8. I think the biggest downside is that it gives away your exact position for turn 2 and 4.
12-28-2012, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2012 12:42 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-28-2012 12:05 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Losing one wit is much better than losing to the rush. I played game_taker with this defense and the turn 2 opening immediately puts a kink in the rush. Most other defenses cause other wit inefficiencies like moving your bonus wit runner and/or sniper toward your spawn and heavy. Losing 1 wit doesn't seem so bad. It's like p2 started with 7 wits instead of 8. I think the biggest downside is that it gives away your exact position for turn 2 and 4.

yeah of course losing one wit is better than losing to a rush but there has to be a more effective way to fight against P1 adorables on this map. i just think every wit, position, spawn you make on this map has a big impact on the game.
the P1 adorables start is so flexible so its hard to make a way to fight it.
here is my game with game_taker replay

i think i may have something against P1 adorables using veggies. still testing it in pass and play.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-28-2012, 04:14 AM
(12-27-2012 08:27 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 08:13 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 01:03 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(12-26-2012 11:49 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I can't even win against Adorables on Reaper when I go first! I am using Scallywags.

I'm going to go against the tide here - I actually think the mobi rush is better as P2. First turn, build mobi, move towards wit space, 8 wits. So, you don't take the wit space until turn 4. I did this against heycoolkidheycoolkid, we were both adorables, and I won because I beat him to the punch. Though he did make some errors I think. Sorry, no longer have replay.

Actually - I take it back. I think P1 is the better rush. Thrutchy invited me to a game and showed me what's up. Smile

P1 can kill the heavy on turn 5; p2 can't kill the heavy until turn 6.

Here's that game:

P1 wins the race

Gonzales, you put the Mobi on the wrong hex. If you had placed him like thrutchy did, you could have killed the heavy on turn 4.
12-28-2012, 04:24 AM
(12-28-2012 04:14 AM)!:CoryMo:! Wrote:  Gonzales, you put the Mobi on the wrong hex. If you had placed him like thrutchy did, you could have killed the heavy on turn 4.

Not really, the runner cant get to attack the heavy, it has just been moved...

GC Name: s4mbita
Super-Titan
12-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Oh good point.