Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adorables going first on reaper.
12-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Adorables going first on reaper.
Mobi on Reaper

So im sure y'all have already been talking about this one - but I thought i'd make a thread about it.
I saw this strat the other day and decided to try it out - you'll notice my opponent already knows what im doing from turn 1. Despite this - im still able to beat him.
Granted - he made a mistake with his scrambler, getting it killed, but I still feel like this level gives way too much advantage to adorables (going first)

What counters can you guys think up for this? I have lost to this strat as well.

Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: Adorables going first on reaper.
Yeah I think p1 adorables on reaper may be the new foundry.
12-15-2012, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 03:43 PM by GoHeat 3.)
^Agreed!Big Grin Ill try and counter it though. Send me an invite.

GC: GoHeat3

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Adorables is the most powerful team on Reaper, yes.
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I've been using this strategy when starting Turn 2 on Reaper (didn't occur to me until now to try it on Turn 1).

I've had some pretty good success with it, going around 4-1 over the last week and a half. It's a fun strategy with the Mobi out so early. I've had a few games that have come down to the wire, but it usually consists of Teleporting a Sniper and making use of a Runner to destroy the Heavy. From there, employ counter attacks.

Mobi on Reaper

Game Center ID: The Red Donkey
Gifted League
12-15-2012, 05:35 PM
In turn 4 he could have used the brainwashed runner to kill your sniper (he was scared of your runner on the right...) and yes, he made a bad move running forward with his scrambler.
12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
At the reaper, it is usually a battle of the mobis...It should work as P2 as well (spawning it on turn 4).

However if it is mobi vs. mobi, i think P2 can counter effectively by placing the spawned mobi on turn 4 at an appropriate hex.
12-15-2012, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 06:59 PM by Emuchu.)
In the iPro forums, we've been fiddling with the Mobi Reaper rush, and it's actually very beatable. The most reliable method seems to be spawning a Medic on Turn 2 and boosting your first couple of Runners to make sure you win the Runner war, which enables you to kill the Snipers, as well. The trouble comes when Mobi 'ports over the Heavy. Adorables can handle this with a Mobi-Sniper, Feedback can Scramble something, but I'm not sure how Scallywags handles this, yet.

I can't get too specific, though, 'cause I use this rush for quick wins on Ranked, hohoho...

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-15-2012, 10:10 PM
I'd like to try to defend this rush, someone send an invite. GC: harvarnold
12-16-2012, 03:26 AM
(12-15-2012 06:57 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  In the iPro forums, we've been fiddling with the Mobi Reaper rush, and it's actually very beatable. The most reliable method seems to be spawning a Medic on Turn 2 and boosting your first couple of Runners to make sure you win the Runner war, which enables you to kill the Snipers, as well. The trouble comes when Mobi 'ports over the Heavy. Adorables can handle this with a Mobi-Sniper, Feedback can Scramble something, but I'm not sure how Scallywags handles this, yet.

I can't get too specific, though, 'cause I use this rush for quick wins on Ranked, hohoho...

Yes join iPro, we have some indepth and interesting convos about strategies Smile not to mention the Mobi Reaper Rush Emuchu was talking about.

iPro Clan