Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
12-19-2012, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 04:01 AM by Bullfreg.)
RE: Season 2 leagues: Seems we're not getting the point(s)
I can kind of see sense in Qwerty's second hypothesis. I seem to be matching up with people in my own division, something that rarely happened before the second season update. This makes sense because that's the point of a league table, is it not?

Regarding the points system, I think it's pointless (no pun intended) troubling over why you're only receiving 6 points for a win that says you got 20. Though, What I've noticed about this system thus far:

+22 points = 8 league points
+20 = 7
+18 = 6
+16 = 4
+13 = 2
+12 = 1
+11 = -2

Not sure I've received 3 or 5 points for a win so far.
the new league points system is supposed to reflect your hidden rating more accurately, right? If you play someone with a much lower hidden rating then you won't get as many points, this is no different to the previous system except less points earned. I certainly don't understand why we get deducted points for a win though.
The screen shots show that I went from 5th to 22nd and I'm 90% sure I didn't change divisions (within master divisions), unless others have moved with me and I've not noticed the division name previously. But this would mean at least 10 people in my division have moved with me Confused. If I did move up division (where I had gained 4 points points after beating quenson21 to give me 6 league points) then I lost 2 league points moving up by winning RevDodge to leave me with 4points. I then beat seanparty, which gave me 1 more league point totalling 5 league points.. I'm not sure why I lost league points by winning RD, maybe it's something to classify my hidden rating in line with those in the same league though I'm still sure I've been in the same league the last Couple of Days.

The more I think of this the more complicated and confusing it gets Sad. Hope it all gets clarified soon!

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season 2 leagues: Seems we're not getting the point(s) - Bullfreg - 12-19-2012 03:41 AM