Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
12-15-2012, 08:03 AM
RE: Season 2 leagues: What's a/the point?
After 3 consecutive wins, I lost two games. I changed divisions, but I'm not sure if I lost any points. :/

(I have 7)

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 08:13 AM by Qwerty.)
Before I went to sleep last night I had 5points I win and now I have 4doesnt make sense and ive won about 6-5 games why is this happening also I keep moving divisions

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
12-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Every time I win I go up to 7/8 points (usually 1st in my league), and then every time I loose I go back to last place with 0 points...
12-15-2012, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 06:27 PM by Witstanclan.)
Bug RE: Season 2 leagues: What's a/the point?
So now it's official, the new point system has issues Sad
This is what OML posted on their "tasty news" blog:

"Profile and Points Bugs
We’ve been getting reports from users who are experiencing some issues with league points being assigned incorrectly. We’re currently investigating the issue and hope to have a fix rolled out over the next several days. Some users have reported that once they view their profile screen it crashes, we’re aware of the issue and are looking into that as well. If you happen to be a user with a profile that is causing crashes, simply sending us an e-mail via our contact form with your game center name and mentioning the profile issue is all that is needed. Thank you for your patience while we iron the kinks out of the new season deployment."

Let's hope they figure it out quickly and can fix it on the server side (without going through the appstore). Delayed gratification: Maybe OML can even rescue our true season 2 points later so that we can keep playing while knowing we'll be rewarded in the end? (Not that we wouldn't keep going anyways - for instant gratification Smile )
12-16-2012, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 12:35 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Season 2 leagues: Seems we're not getting the point(s)
Can someone explain me how it is possible to lose ranks because winning points? Confused

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2JqHAgw

Or the reverse...

:/

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I have a theory. I propose that the league points we're currently seeing aren't league points at all, but instead a part of some internal rating system that I don't understand. I mean, the points are temperamental, only seem to go from 0-10 in most cases, and are completely inconsistent with the league points that we're supposed to be getting. What if, after the Season 2 patch, OML accidentally left the "league points" in our profiles pointing to some abstract debug value? Maybe our League points are safe and well somewhere else.

Again, just theorizing. It is a bug, and I couldn't possibly predict what's going on.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I have a theory.... ummh, too. (Actually it's merely wild guessing, plus it borrows heavily from what others have posted here).

Hypothesis 1: We're currently not getting the correct league points.
We're probanly supposed to get added and subtracted exactly the points that are shown on the end screen. There it seems that it's now set as zero sum: winner and loser points add to zero. So overall points will stay constant (unless points that would bring the player below zero league points are just discarded). With this we should maintain a good current picture of our standing in the divison.

Hypothesis 2: The frequent division switching people are seeing is intentional.
Promotions and demotions usually take quite a while. Maybe OML introduced subtly tiered hints in the division name to indicate your current standing. Postitive/uplifting names would indicate your promotion is around the corner, neutral names mean you're doing fine where you are, negative names (ugly nest, ailing pond, troubled feather) means you're headed downwards. As it's hard to gain points currently, these low key divisions is where most of us currently are. And should we linger too long at low points, we get demoted - even though we're winning.
A second good reason for frequent division switching is that it would help to group active players together in a division. Inactive players would eventually remain in a division that only contains other inactive players.

If it were'nt for the current bug, and should some of these musings have merit, then the season 2 league system would be great to keep things active and interesting Cool.
So I'm looking forward to seeing you there - hopefully in the the likes of "enlightended eagle" Angel, "sparkling sparrow" Rolleyes or "splendid speedo" Tongue divisions.
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
With your hypothesis two I can probably prove wrong because I had down names after winning10-11 games in a row . I keep losing points for winning I get 6points next game I win I have 4 .

2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
12-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah I won three games in a row which only got me to 8 points total. Then I lost one and have 0 points now..
12-19-2012, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 04:01 AM by Bullfreg.)
I can kind of see sense in Qwerty's second hypothesis. I seem to be matching up with people in my own division, something that rarely happened before the second season update. This makes sense because that's the point of a league table, is it not?

Regarding the points system, I think it's pointless (no pun intended) troubling over why you're only receiving 6 points for a win that says you got 20. Though, What I've noticed about this system thus far:

+22 points = 8 league points
+20 = 7
+18 = 6
+16 = 4
+13 = 2
+12 = 1
+11 = -2

Not sure I've received 3 or 5 points for a win so far.
the new league points system is supposed to reflect your hidden rating more accurately, right? If you play someone with a much lower hidden rating then you won't get as many points, this is no different to the previous system except less points earned. I certainly don't understand why we get deducted points for a win though.
The screen shots show that I went from 5th to 22nd and I'm 90% sure I didn't change divisions (within master divisions), unless others have moved with me and I've not noticed the division name previously. But this would mean at least 10 people in my division have moved with me Confused. If I did move up division (where I had gained 4 points points after beating quenson21 to give me 6 league points) then I lost 2 league points moving up by winning RevDodge to leave me with 4points. I then beat seanparty, which gave me 1 more league point totalling 5 league points.. I'm not sure why I lost league points by winning RD, maybe it's something to classify my hidden rating in line with those in the same league though I'm still sure I've been in the same league the last Couple of Days.

The more I think of this the more complicated and confusing it gets Sad. Hope it all gets clarified soon!

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!