Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
12-14-2012, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 04:19 PM by Witstanclan.)
Thumbs Up Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
Hi all,

I for one welcome our new point system… Cool

Yet I also would like to understand what’s going on.
I won my placement match (actually it was one started before the swichtover). Got placed Gifted League as I expected, with 3 league points. Then lost a game and went to 0 points - fine.
Then again won a game (which on the end screen was supposed to give me 20 points, yay!) yet I ended up with 6 league points Huh.

Dodgy What’s Math got to do with it?

Care to Idea enlighten Idea us how win points vs. league points works one-Alex&Adam-left?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 06:40 AM
RE: Season 2 leagues: What's a/the point?
Oooooooooooo that's interesting, maybe win/lose points are for hidden skill while league points are on another system?
12-14-2012, 06:47 AM
At first I thought that it seemed like the amount of points you got or lost on the division list was the amount of points it said you got for the game divided by 3 and then rounded down, but now people seem to be saying that they are loosing points after a win, so now I have no idea what to think.

Game Center ID: SarenneraS
12-14-2012, 06:52 AM
This shouldn't be the case, so any more detailed info and/or screenshots would be helpful in tracking this down.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Something seems amiss about point assignment. The Broken Beads ST division is filling up with Top 100 regulars, but I haven't seen anyone go over 7 points, and we have... 17 people with 0 points.
12-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Won another game with supposedly 13 win points, yet my league points stayed at 6. Noone seems to have much more than 6.
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 07:22 AM by Emuchu.)
Here are some screenies~

Here's the top of my division:

As you can see, no one has surpassed 8 points, which is odd considering how many points the game tells us we've won.

Anyway, here's a game I just won against wonderpug (sorry, wonderpug):

It says I won 17 points, which should now be my total, since I had 0 points before.

... but alas, I have only 5. It's also worth noting that this is the fourth division I've been placed in, at least that I've noticed. I was placed in Yellow Stone after placement (2 points, up to 5 after second win), moved to Ugly Nest after my first lost (back to 0 points... but it was a Titan! Hey!), won a game and moved back to Yellow Stone (5 points again), lost a game and moved to Standing Turtle (0 points...), and finally, won against wonderpug for my current standing with 5 points.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh man, Standing Turtle Division. Love that name.
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
I won two games in league and had 6 pts. Lost one and went to zero. Its a bit confusing. Seems like it doesn't grow. Might be better to have it start at 500 so losing points wouldn't be negative.
12-14-2012, 09:25 AM
i won 2 games and got 8 points and when i won my third game it went down to 7. haha. weird

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*