Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
04-07-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
That was before Bramble could retract thorns or attack.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
Kudos for experimenting with bramble even in such hard times! Yeah that tip hex has been bothering lots of people, but if you play hard and fast (control the top before pulling out a bramble), the opponent will have a hard time getting a sniper up there.

PS the replay in my sig is hilarious in your situation Tongue

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
04-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Hahaha nice win daHsu kinda hilarious!
06-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Just my two cents: I am not a fan of being able to snipe over the water and wish this would be removed on next update. An enjoyable game (on any platform) is largely driven by consistency. This ability to snipe over water is an anomaly only available on one map. That said, it isn't something that would be obviously possible unless the player was privy via this thread. Fortunately, I haven't had this happen to me but now that I stumbled upon it in the forum, I am glad to be aware. The only way that this ability seems fair is if there were several maps in which a player could use this or none at all. It just seems like any player who this is used against for the first time wouldn't stand a chance. For the average player who isn't active in the forum (majority), this move would tick me right the F off. Good to know now that this is possible, however it is inconsistent with all the other gameplay; for that reason it should be either be widely available (on the next wave of maps) or not at all. Having it there on just one map feels gimmicky.

Perhaps that was more like four cents worth. Smile

TD2U

Eat lunches or be lunches.

[Image: 2hhzk9h.jpg]
06-25-2013, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 09:34 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Its possible on another map too but i forgot which, imma look for it now
Skull duggery

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Skull duggery too
06-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Additionally, it's not "inconsistent," although it is perhaps "non-obvious." It's not inconsistent because you can also shoot over holes in the map, which are present in many maps (peekaboo, glitch). Shooting over things is not inconsistent, but shooting over the map may be non-obvious.

With that said, what is inconsistent to me is that you can't shoot over the edge in sweet tooth. I know the map technically "ends" there, but like the other maps you would perhaps initially think you can shoot over the edge, but you can't.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-25-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 11:51 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
I agree with cor, sniper can shoot over the void, so I don't have any problem about these SFI and SD tricks. But this sweet tooth bug ruined some battle because the player justly thought it worked here!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Well, it does favor adorables more than other teams. Removing the ability to shoot "over the water" would be a slight nerf to adorables...kind of elegant actually.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
06-26-2013, 12:36 AM
That's true, I wouldn't miss it if they got rid of it. It does seem like an unfair advantage for Adorables and less so for Scallywags.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4