Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
06-28-2013, 04:34 AM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
(06-27-2013 10:58 PM){~BiA85~} Wrote:  I just mean if edge is gonna be treated as a gap on SFI and SD to hit the base but treated as a boundary to hit units it should be treated the same for both and the same for any map that has the same possibilities. Why can't you shoot the base from the wit space?

Harti explained it, i quoted it in Post #45

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
I'm trying to set someone up for this on SFI right now.... i hope he doesn't read this forum Big Grin
06-29-2013, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 07:10 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Everyone knows about this, man Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-30-2013, 06:25 AM
There is a same situation on sweet tooth, except it DOESNT work on that map

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
06-30-2013, 07:33 AM
You could see post 45 to see why it doesn't work

07-01-2013, 12:44 PM
That's not really explaining why it doesn't. There is a gap there that is the edge of the map but you can't shoot the base. Inconsistent.

[Image: sig.png]
07-01-2013, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 01:03 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
That gap isn't part of the playing field because there is nothing more past those spaces so the game doesn't recognize that path. In SFI and Skull Duggery, the map extends farther so the the area between the bases is still part of the map as empty spaces like the empty spaces in Glitch and Thorn Gulley. Snipers could shoot through allied units, over ground spaces and empty spaces, but not off the map because there are no ground or empty spaces there to shoot over

07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
The sniper has a range of 3

On Sharkfood island the base is 3 hexes away, and can be hit

In your example, the base was 4 hexes away from your sniper, so it can't be hit as the sniper doesn't have that long a range. imagine there are 'real' tiles, it's got nothing to do with if it's the edge of the map or not, you just aren't close enough.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
07-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Close enough?

07-02-2013, 09:46 AM
SEE! bluh. And I know that its because that's the edge of the created map. It just is a bit annoying

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better