Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League demotion criteria
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 09:11 AM by bmike.)
League demotion criteria
I just beat someone and got demoted a league.

I'm curious how often this happens - what the criteria are for promotion / demotion and how a win could trigger a downward evaluation.

I've stopped looking at the leagues for much other than a rough guess - but still, it seems odd so I wondered if this was covered anywhere or there was some reasoning about why/when a change happens.

Does it get calculated periodically and the next game you end is the avenue for the code to check for a league change? That's about the only explanation that makes sense even though it seems a little counter-intuitive. (And if so - perhaps the promotion/demotion would come outside any one game's ending in a future build of the game) Although my game badge still shows the old league so perhaps this is the server getting rectified / rebased / whatever in preparation for the new season?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: League demotion criteria
I'm sorry that that happened Sad I have no idea but my sympathy is with you as the next season is around the corner

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
That sucks! For the record, bmike is a very good player everyone. He beat Sarena, a skilled master, in the fluffy-gifted tournament and had 2 long, hard fought matches with me just recently. He also matched up pretty well against joelduque in the mobi tournament. Definitely deserves to be in gifted.
Maybe you just don't take your league games as serious as tournament games im guessing?
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 02:23 PM by bmike.)
I don't really mind - i biff some easy games and I've won some that I feel I played really well.

It's more a bit of fun to poke at how things work and see what is happening under the hood. In all seriousness - I don't take any of the games that seriously. I find that when I worry too much, I'm more prone to make silly mistakes or not push harder (which I believe was my undoing in our last match laYahooz - I haven't seen the replay of that so I don't know if I had some chances I didn't develop or just made silly errors or if you outplayed me. Usually it's a mix of getting outplayed and not pressing and not so much silly errors IMO.

That being said - I've really had some fun games - losing or winning against Necrocat219 and laYahooz.

Bring on Season 2!