Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Veggienauts players?
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Veggienauts players?
(12-12-2012 11:26 AM)Coolio Wrote:  What I'm wondering is bramble possibly suited more for 2v2 play? Along with a mobi or something the bramble could play a defensive role as your opponent is more of an attacking player? I'd like to see if that would work.
I had a league placement match with my partner where we dominated with bramble + scrambler. The game is long gone unfortunately but basically my partner put barriers around my scrambler. In master level 2v2 play, I hadn't seen any bramble usage yet :/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
(12-12-2012 01:35 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Hey guys.

A little about me, I am a Scallywags player. I think that Veggienauts cannot beat Scallywags on any map as either 1p or 2p. Except for strategies that don't involve special units obv, such as foundry rush. Anyone disagree? If so, I will play game as Scallywags and win.

So I was thinking maybe OML is going the route of having deliberately imbalanced matchups? Scallywags might beat Veggienauts, but maybe Adorables can beat Scallywags (like on Reaper), and Veggienauts can beat Adorables. Personally I would like it much more if every team had roughly equal chances against each other. What do you guys think?

"Player not found" searching for garcia1000, are your slots full?
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
It's Garcia10000

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 02:38 PM by worldfamous.)
(12-12-2012 11:26 AM)Coolio Wrote:  What I'm wondering is bramble possibly suited more for 2v2 play? Along with a mobi or something the bramble could play a defensive role as your opponent is more of an attacking player? I'd like to see if that would work.

We like it on Machination, only because bramble is an easy way to defend the top base (or bottom depending on which side you're on). Other than that, it seems to be more trouble than help. It leads to unit deficiencies and clogged space that not only slows your opponent, but your teammate. I'm sure it has its uses but, as of now, I haven't found them.
(12-12-2012 10:47 AM)game_taker Wrote:  Great video. In regards to ouwitters I'm sure if you look hard enough you could try to find this perfect imbalance (wither or not it was meant to be).

--Side Tangent Peekaboo is just plainly imbalanced for bs.

Back to the topic, Veggie vs Scallywags. I have had quite a bunch of games vs bs using bramble. I have only won two, both on thorn gully. But the simple fact of those was that it was my opponents mistakes that won me the game. The first, he placed his bs in a position that allowed me to kill it quite easily. The second game, this was approx 60turns. Eventually it got to the point where I trapped my snipers in (in order to defend my base). Kinda screwed me over. A few turns later I noticed I was going to get overrun not just by a new bs, but by being outnumbered army wise. So i used bramble's vines hide my rush to his base (now with 3 hp). My attack force was 2 runners and 1 soliders and a bunch vines hiding them. It was an attack through the centre. It won me the game simply because he didn't expect.

Also I tried challenging you to a match but couldn't find you, is your account name garcia1000? You can just challenge me, account: game_taker
Bramble is the hardest special to use. You cannot simply mass vines, because if you trap your snipers you are at a big disadvantage. I don't I could be a highly experienced bs in any map using bramble.
Isn't that what bramble is for, disguising your attack? That's his offensive ability. It's like a magic trick. You set up all of your units and then, BAM, you pull the curtain and smash. The problem is in how tough that is to pull off. If bramble gets a buff, I would think it has to be letting the children live. It's so easy to get into a big unit deficiency with one smack from a soldier. I say let the children live and give the opponent the +1 wit for thorn kill. Just a thought. I'll let you guys tear that down now.
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
(12-12-2012 02:30 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Isn't that what bramble is for, disguising your attack? That's his offensive ability. It's like a magic trick. You set up all of your units and then, BAM, you pull the curtain and smash. The problem is in how tough that is to pull off. If bramble gets a buff, I would think it has to be letting the children live. It's so easy to get into a big unit deficiency with one smack from a soldier. I say let the children live and give the opponent the +1 wit for thorn kill. Just a thought. I'll let you guys tear that down now.

I think a good buff for the Bramble would be to let him voluntarily remove vines without unrooting himself. The other rules would still apply, namely that removing a Parent would remove all its Children, as well. It may or may not have to cost a Wit to do this, balance depending.

But I think the big issue that needs to be dealt with is that Scrambled Thorns can still spawn more Thorns. I think it's implied by Bramble's Thorn-spawning animation that you should need a Bramble in order for Thorns to do that, because this gives away a Special for free.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
(12-12-2012 03:51 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 02:30 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Isn't that what bramble is for, disguising your attack? That's his offensive ability. It's like a magic trick. You set up all of your units and then, BAM, you pull the curtain and smash. The problem is in how tough that is to pull off. If bramble gets a buff, I would think it has to be letting the children live. It's so easy to get into a big unit deficiency with one smack from a soldier. I say let the children live and give the opponent the +1 wit for thorn kill. Just a thought. I'll let you guys tear that down now.

I think a good buff for the Bramble would be to let him voluntarily remove vines without unrooting himself. The other rules would still apply, namely that removing a Parent would remove all its Children, as well. It may or may not have to cost a Wit to do this, balance depending.

But I think the big issue that needs to be dealt with is that Scrambled Thorns can still spawn more Thorns. I think it's implied by Bramble's Thorn-spawning animation that you should need a Bramble in order for Thorns to do that, because this gives away a Special for free.
It is strange that a scrambled bramble can make thorns. I really struggle with the logic. I assumed that the concept was that all the thorns originate from bramble. The animation confirms that. Whenever a new thorn is placed, bramble does that animation that makes him look like he's dropping a deuce. If you kill bramble, all the thorns go away. A scrambled thorn is not connected to a bramble and therefore shouldn't have the ability to expand, as bramble is the driving force.
12-12-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 06:06 PM by Emuchu.)
(12-12-2012 05:22 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  It is strange that a scrambled bramble can make thorns. I really struggle with the logic. I assumed that the concept was that all the thorns originate from bramble. The animation confirms that. Whenever a new thorn is placed, bramble does that animation that makes him look like he's dropping a deuce. If you kill bramble, all the thorns go away. A scrambled thorn is not connected to a bramble and therefore shouldn't have the ability to expand, as bramble is the driving force.

Logic aside, though, Veggienauts are really going to struggle against Feedback if they get their own Special turned against them this easily. Does anyone think this feature is fair / intentional?

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
It's fair for me, scramble mobi and you can use it, scramble bombshell and you can use it, why not bramble thorn as well, it's a unit and should be treated as wise or what's the point of scrambling it? if it couldn't spawn thorns then it's just taking valuable space, in my opinion it's balanced the way it's right now
12-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi my username on ipad is garcia10000

I think the rule for +1 wit benefits Adorables, especially the attack+retreat thing. I've just lost several games to poweewee's Adorables as Scallywags. It seems like at least they can 'hang' with Scallywags.

So I'm more concerned with Bramble, really.
12-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Ahh the bramble. Still haven't found a good way to use it. I still think that to make it useful, you would need a ton of wits, such as spawn a ton of thorns and then snipers behind. This would be very hard to pull off.

Another way to probably use it is to harass wit spaces. Basically, kill the opponent's unit on the wit space, occupy it with thorns, and if the opponent reoccupies the wit space, then repeat. This way, all the wit spaces (especially the far away ones) are easily accessible to you.

Also, I agree that scrambling thorns should not allow you to spawn additional thorns, unless it's the bramble itself that you scramble.