Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters Season 2 is coming!
12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Outwitters Season 2 is coming!
http://onemanleft.com/2012/12/outwitters...-incoming/

Ready your wits!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 07:38 AM
RE: Outwitters Season 2 is coming!
Alex,

Will all games currently started end without affecting score? Or will they carry on into the next season? I have a feeling that many games on the verge of a loss will simply just not be played in the coming days...

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
(12-11-2012 07:38 AM)myninja527 Wrote:  Alex,

Will all games currently started end without affecting score? Or will they carry on into the next season? I have a feeling that many games on the verge of a loss will simply just not be played in the coming days...

Current games will carry over and their result will count turns season 2 if they end in season 2. Not playing them gives the same result so there's no real reason to not play them (although I imagine some will do it anyway). You'd be preserving your season 1 rank I suppose, but oh well.

In the future we'll definitely have more 'lead up' time until the season roll over, but at the moment we wanted to get it up sooner rather than later to get the new changes implemented.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
My wits are ready! Big Grin

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
12-11-2012, 07:48 AM
This is going to be really cool!Big Grin

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks, great job guys, I'll continue to spread the word in an effort to get you guys more paying customers.

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Awesome! Thanks for keeping the updates coming!

Can you give us any details about what will change about the point system?

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-11-2012, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 08:51 AM by CombatEX.)
I should just be patient, but as Eijolend said, if possible could you let us know how the point system is changing?

OneAlexLeft Wrote:We’re also changing points attribution to be slightly more reflective of someone’s success in the division instead of how many games they’ve played.

The phrase "slightly more reflective" makes me "slightly worried" =P

Thanks again though for this surprise update!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-11-2012, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 08:56 AM by onealexleft.)
(12-11-2012 08:08 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Awesome! Thanks for keeping the updates coming!

Can you give us any details about what will change about the point system?

Not much will change visually. But over time those with more points should:
1. have a higher general win rate over similarly skilled players
2. have a 50/50 win rate but are beating better players.

The drawback will be, at the beginning of the season if you have a 50/50 rate against same skilled opponents, it'll be difficult to climb the ranks. Only wins against better players (yielding more points) or a higher than 50% rate will let you climb the rungs. Basically you have the potential the lose the same amount you gained if you lose to a same skilled opponent. But overall, point inflation should be less biased towards more games and more biased towards wins over losses.

12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Hm. It's hard to say without specifics, but if it works as you intend that sounds great! Can't wait for Season 2 so we can try it out =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]