Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.9 Average
The One Man Left clan tournament! - Take 2 incoming on June 25th
12-09-2012, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 04:42 AM by Gf!sh.)
The One Man Left clan tournament! - Take 2 incoming on June 25th
This idea came up in the Clan League thread (thanks to Onealexleft), and here it is!

Rules

DETAILS

Round-Robin!

At the beginning of a match, each clan select their first competitor, who wll face eachother in the 'Ring'. Winner stays standing, loser gets eliminated and switches for the next competitor to be decided by that clan. Initially, each clan has 5 seats, however, one 2v2 game will be played parallel to the other ones. The winner of that game may place a 6th seat. Each game will get 7 days to be played, including sending players and such administrative things. The 2v2 games will get 4 weeks, so they'll be finished before any 6th seat will have to be commenced.

Please play all three rounds simultaniously, so this won't take forever!

How to make lineups

Before each match, lineups must be made. For the lineup of a certain match, please PM the opposing Clan leader and me, with necessairly information in the following sequence:

1. Firstly, Clan 1 (left column in spreadsheet) selects a 1v1 player for the first game, and a map for the 2v2 game.
  2. Now, Clan 2 responds with a 2v2 team, a 1v1 player, and a map for games 1-3
  3. Clan 1 now selects a 2v2 team, and games can commence. Clan 1 gets P1 in all odd games (1/3/5/7/9), while Clan 2 gets P1 on all even games, and the 2v2 game (2/4/6/8/10/X).
  4. For games afterwards:
    • After a game has finished, the losing clan announce their next seat. This won't alter P1/2 distribution.
    • At the start of games 4 and 9, Clan 1 announces a map for the next set of matches. At the start of game 7, Clan 2 picks a map. This happens before the next competitor gets announced. No map can be picked twice in a match.

Agenda
  • June 25th: Start game 1 (Clan 1 P1) + 2v2 game (Clan 2 T1). See above.
  • July 2nd: Finish game 1. Loser picks next seat, start game 2 (Clan 2 P1).
  • July 9th: Finish game 2. Loser picks next seat, start game 3 (Clan 1 P1).
  • July 16th: Finish game 3. Clan 2 picks new map. Loser picks next seat, start game 4 (Clan 2 P1).
  • July 23th: Finish game 4 + 2v2 game. Loser picks next seat, start game 5 (Clan 1 P1).
  • July 30th: Finish game 5. Loser picks next seat, start game 6 (Clan 2 P1).
  • August 6th: Finish game 6. Clan 1 picks new map. Loser picks next seat, start game 7 (Clan 1 P1).
  • August 13th: Finish game 7. Loser picks next seat, start game 8 (Clan 2 P1).
  • August 20th: Finish game 8. Clan 2 picks new map. Loser picks next seat, start game 9 (Clan 1 P1).
  • August 27th: Finish game 9. Loser picks next seat, start game 10 (Clan 2 P1).
  • September 3rd: Finish game 10. TOURNEY FINISHED!!!!
To Do List

Info to be sent
  • iPro:
  • Ice Blood Bullet Proof:
  • Diamond League:
  • Anonymous:

Games to be played
  • IBBP v Anonymous:
  • iPro v Diamond League:
  • Diamond League v IBBP:
  • iPro v Anonymous:
  • IBBP v iPro:
  • Anonymous v Diamond League:

Competing Clans
  1. iPro (leaders: alexjiang1/Mr.Banger)
  2. Diamond League (leader: )
  3. Ice Blood Bullet Proof (leader: )
  4. Anonymous (leader: TheQwertiest)

Brackets

[Image: OneManLeft.png]

Replay Gallery

• IBBP v Anonymous:
  • iPro v Diamond League:
  • Diamond League v IBBP:
  • iPro v Anonymous:
  • IBBP v iPro:
  • Anonymous v Diamond League:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 03:08 AM
RE: The One Man Left clan tournament!
I like the idea. Especially the way we can call it "One Man Left" Smile

One issue might be if there was a player who is too dominant that he can wipe out the entire other team. Perhaps the highest ranked player on the clan must go last.
12-09-2012, 03:41 AM
(12-09-2012 03:08 AM)poweewee Wrote:  I like the idea. Especially the way we can call it "One Man Left" Smile

One issue might be if there was a player who is too dominant that he can wipe out the entire other team. Perhaps the highest ranked player on the clan must go last.

i think its fine cause the other clans can also put their best player up

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Do we have to choose 5 before the match or cam we choose as the match progresses based on map and style of play?

iPro Clan
12-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Basically, ya would have to choose before the match.

Also, i'm thinking of a way to include 2v2 in this, here's my concept:

Both clans get one 'Joker' per match. at any time, they may place the Joker on one game, to make it 2v2. The ones in the line that would be up next will join the ring for a 2v2 game. Both losing competitors will be eliminated.

12-09-2012, 04:33 AM
(12-09-2012 04:23 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Do we have to choose 5 before the match or cam we choose as the match progresses based on map and style of play?

The progress based and style of play Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Or otherwise, choose before match in first instance, but allow for 2 changes to be done during the match (switching one for anyone originally not playing or moving one to a different seat).

12-09-2012, 04:46 AM
(12-09-2012 04:33 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Basically, ya would have to choose before the match.

Also, i'm thinking of a way to include 2v2 in this, here's my concept:

Both clans get one 'Joker' per match. at any time, they may place the Joker on one game, to make it 2v2. The ones in the line that would be up next will join the ring for a 2v2 game. Both losing competitors will be eliminated.

so that joker only plays in one game?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-09-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 05:33 AM by CombatEX.)
Besides the joker system, this sounds a lot like GSTL All-Kill Format.

And, poweewee mentioned about one player wiping the other team is referred to as an "All-Kill". There is also a "Reverse All-Kill" where a team only has one player left who then does an All-Kill for a major comeback.

Anyway, this sounds fun and it certainly has worked out well for GomTV.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Is there also a term for the first player killing all but one, and that last player doing a Reverse All-Kill?