Poll: Do you agree that the bonus wit rule is flawed (as described below)?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with new bonus wit rule
12-08-2012, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 10:10 AM by game_taker.)
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule
(12-07-2012 01:40 PM)djwhatthebleep Wrote:  
  1. Spend (-3) wits to spawn a sniper. Spend (-1) to kill a soldier that was within range, and I get (+1) back. [down to 3 wits]
  2. Spend (-1) to spawn a runner, (-1) to move him next to a nearby enemy runner, and (-1) to kill that runner, and I get (+1) back. [down to 1 wit]
  3. Spend (-1) to move one of my soldiers next to another enemy runner to kill it, and then…
  1. As before, spend (-3) wits to spawn a sniper. Spend (-1) to kill a soldier that was within range, so I get (+1) back. [down to 3 wits]
  2. Spend (-1) to spawn a runner, (-1) to move him next to a nearby enemy runner, and (-1) to kill that runner, and I get (+1) back. [down to 1 wit]
  3. Spend (-1) to move one of my soldiers back (maybe to get out of range of a sniper or something).

First off, I like how you used lots of tags in you your post (such as the \[list\] \[\/list\] tag). Cool stuff.
Secondly, your step 2 are flawed where you spawn a runner. Unless you are in a 2 spawn map and have lost your extra wit point, at which point the problem is not the +1 wit it was losing you extra wit point.
You should also consider how much less you would have been able to do without the +1 on kill. All you would have been able to do was kill that solider with your sniper, and attack an adjacent unit or move a unit.
The fact that their is an order to making your turn to maximize your wits is a great thing! This should cause all players to think about their turns before actually making them. I just had a game where I immediately made a runner after clearing a spawn. This runner lost me the game, if I had made a heavy/soldier instead I would have been able to last another turn and possibly fight off the attack in a few turns.
game
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule - NDRDOG - 12-08-2012, 01:35 AM
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule - Szei - 12-08-2012, 04:40 AM
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule - game_taker - 12-08-2012 10:07 AM
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule - Magnum - 12-12-2012, 03:52 AM
RE: Issue with new bonus wit rule - _H2O - 12-12-2012, 05:49 AM