Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
12-08-2012, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 12:44 PM by Emuchu.)
RE: Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
(12-08-2012 09:55 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 10:36 AM)game_taker Wrote:  As a nerf option, what if we stopped the bs from hitting nothing?

I still like my idea that would get rid of the 4 range vision, as oppose to getting rid of the radar.

This way you also don't have people randomly shooting b/c they think someone is in the dark, which would add random luck to the game (much like brambles vines do in determining the parent one).

I'll have to agree with the "lose Radar" option over the "must have a primary target" option. I feel like the ability to hit things within his splash range is a major feature of the Bombshell.

Something I've learned from a large background in competitive gaming is that one of the biggest nerfs you can give to a character is to remove their options. There's no reason to remove the ability to fire into the abyss--your reasoning to remove it is to stop players from firing blindly into the abyss. Well why not? It costs them 1 Wit to do so, and isn't so much a source of "Randomness" as it is a source of "Uncertainty", which has a legitimate place in a strategy game (same thing with Bramble's Thorns). If a player can waste a Wit every turn firing at potentially nothing, shouldn't that be his choice?

On the other hand, the "Radar" is a feature that breaks the game's rules, giving Bombshell intelligence that he shouldn't have for free. Every turn, a Scallywags player can poke on his Bombshell to check if anything's hiding in the fog outside of the Bombshell's vision, and it's my opinion that this ability falls further into the range of "exploitative advantage" than his Splash damage does--it prevents all kinds of potential assaults on Bombshell strongholds. Strategies such as sneaking in a Boosted Sniper or a Soldier wall forward are all nullified due to the Bombshell's frankly incredible vision for a Siege Tank unit. I think the Bombshell should invest that 1 Wit to fire before he finds out what's hiding in that fog.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had... - Emuchu - 12-08-2012 12:40 PM