Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
12-06-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
I think a tutorial walking players through using each special could help with the understanding. I think the free team should rotate, say.. monthly, so free players are forced to try them all and when they can't play the one they like any more they may be more willing to go buy it or the uber pack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 03:21 AM by TheQwertiest.)
bump*
(12-06-2012 03:14 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  I think a tutorial walking players through using each special could help with the understanding. I think the free team should rotate, say.. monthly, so free players are forced to try them all and when they can't play the one they like any more they may be more willing to go buy it or the uber pack.

that would work better if there were more teams. maybe three days every month where you can use a free team.
i think LoL has something like this.

i also think they should give an incentive for those who buy the individual teams. maybe if you buy the team individually you get a free base corresponding to the team you bought? but if you buy the über pack you only get the map+team

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-06-2012, 03:41 AM
I think right now the people who play for free get to use the most powerful special. If you rotated the specials every month people would get to play some of others specials and the didn't like them or if they did like them they might pay we they could pick
12-06-2012, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 03:54 AM by metalsquid.)
(12-06-2012 03:14 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  I think a tutorial walking players through using each special could help with the understanding. I think the free team should rotate, say.. monthly, so free players are forced to try them all and when they can't play the one they like any more they may be more willing to go buy it or the uber pack.

i think a tutorial is a great idea! It would definitely help the first-time player feel less of that "ok, what the hell do I do now?" feeling. Especially since there's no AI to practice your skills against. Jumping straight into a competitive environment from the outset can be pretty daunting. Then getting crushed by a ranked player on your first attempt can be discouraging. Equally, two n00bs fumbling around unfamiliar maps and units can give the impression the game lacks depth. The AI discussion has been done to death on here before but a few well scripted tutorial scenarios would be a valuable addition to the game. If I'm not mistaken, HA might have something like this?

What about players having the ability to view replays from within the app? If I hadn't come to this forum I would've never known about this feature where you could post links to your replays and others could click on them and watch. Maybe this should be possible from within the app so you don't have to go to an external browser to click a link? Then there could be a replay section users can go to for strategies on each team. Tutorials then could even be scripted replays so no AI needs to be programmed?

I also like the idea of free users getting random teams each game. This would surely piss me off enough to want to pay so that I could choose the team I wanted to use Tongue
12-06-2012, 05:48 AM
I really like the idea of making the team random for users who haven't bought anything. That i) gives exposure to the differences between the teams, and ii) provide incentive to buy something as most players of these types of games don't like randomness. Unless you can master all teams, you'd really need to buy a team to be truely competitive.

Another bonus would be the drop in amount of bs turtle games!

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
12-06-2012, 06:43 AM
(12-06-2012 05:48 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  I really like the idea of making the team random for users who haven't bought anything.
Me too.

(12-06-2012 05:48 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  That i) gives exposure to the differences between the teams,
I like that, I really wish to play against more Feedback!

(12-06-2012 05:48 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  and ii) provide incentive to buy something as most players of these types of games don't like randomness
Awesome!

(12-06-2012 05:48 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Another bonus would be the drop in amount of bs turtle games!
Big Grin

12-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Another thing that may or may not have been mentioned yet:
You could make the stronger teams free to play for like 5 games or so. This way people familiarize themselves with the race, then they'll have to purchase them if they like them.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I think you shouldn't be able to use a special but get Scally special if you buy anything

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
(12-06-2012 08:12 AM)Harti Wrote:  Another thing that may or may not have been mentioned yet:
You could make the stronger teams free to play for like 5 games or so. This way people familiarize themselves with the race, then they'll have to purchase them if they like them.

But then OML would be telling us the game is imbalanced! I just know people are going to cry foul when you have to pay to get a 'strong' team.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
-all classes available in first 5 matches would be amazing! Lets players really find their style. If three of those classes are then made premium players would quickly buy the other races if they used them before.
- initial class should be adorables, since it is less abusable than scallywags.
- a cool suggestion, though probably not implementable, would be to get a second special for each class (maybe cheaper around 3-4 wits) to make each class even more unique

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?