Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was recently accused of cheating...
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
RE: I was recently accused of cheating...
(12-06-2012 09:21 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  Not to get off topic, how do YOU stop a runner rush? They drive me nuts.

Spam soldiers.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 09:37 AM
(12-06-2012 09:21 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 02:22 AM)blckace Wrote:  I wish i had any, i only save the games that are good but i've had wins in less than 15 turns just becuase of stopping a rush successfully
One thing I noticed some players rely heavily on getting p1 with scallywags and selecting small maps (autowin almost)

Not to get off topic, how do YOU stop a runner rush? They drive me nuts.

if you share a replay I'll give you a full analysis Smile
12-06-2012, 10:53 AM
(12-06-2012 09:21 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  Not to get off topic, how do YOU stop a runner rush? They drive me nuts.

They're not difficult to deal with if you're looking for them. For one thing, spawn your own Runner to scout for large amounts of enemy Runners. Then you either:

a) Put a Soldier in the way of whatever they're trying to attack.

b) Boost your Runner and kill the thing.

c)Ignore the little bastard for now and go harass them somewhere else.

Runner rushes are very, very expensive for the one trying to use it, just remember that you're most likely to be at a Wit advantage afterwards and throw your weight around. The most important thing is just to know where the Runners are.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-07-2012, 02:54 AM

I generally allow my opponent to kick my base once (in Gifted, they do that whenever they get a chance), which very often puts me in a certain advantage to counter succesfully.

12-07-2012, 03:46 AM
(12-07-2012 02:54 AM)Gfich Wrote:  

I generally allow my opponent to kick my base once (in Gifted, they do that whenever they get a chance), which very often puts me in a certain advantage to counter succesfully.

I often get rushed and , like Gfich, I let them hit my base once or sometimes twice. I think of it as setting a trap. The thing is, I never see anyone else do it, or here it discussed here on the forums, so I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself up. Thanks for all the advice and I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
12-07-2012, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 05:56 AM by Eijolend.)
Taking some base hits is exactly what you do vs. a runner rush. Every base hit costs them at least 3 (position, move, attack) wits to do, but only costs 1 to clean up (move, attack and gain a wit for the kill). So you should be able to just invest into soldiers and buffed runners and be way ahead after a few turns.
Even if you don't get a major wit advantage out of it, you generally just have more units left after the exchanges.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-07-2012, 06:06 AM
(12-07-2012 03:46 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 02:54 AM)Gfich Wrote:  

I often get rushed and , like Gfich, I let them hit my base once or sometimes twice. I think of it as setting a trap. The thing is, I never see anyone else do it, or here it discussed here on the forums, so I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself up. Thanks for all the advice and I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I won most my games in clever with 1hp left. When it gets to the point that every hex is covered by a soldier that doesn't matter Smile just remember them killing your medic or sniper is favorable to them so Sniper+Medic>Base health

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-07-2012, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 08:38 AM by Emuchu.)
(12-07-2012 03:46 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  I often get rushed and , like Gfich, I let them hit my base once or sometimes twice. I think of it as setting a trap. The thing is, I never see anyone else do it, or here it discussed here on the forums, so I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself up. Thanks for all the advice and I apologize for hijacking the thread.

It's alright. Funnily enough, both of the games I have going against the aforementioned Super-Titan involve Runner-Rushes, so it's totally relevant. If they don't know about the 8 Wit rule, then I'm going to assume they don't know the Wit/kill rule, either, and I'm going to abuse the snot out of these Runners!

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."