Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many wins to get promoted?
12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
How many wins to get promoted?
Hello,
So I have been playing for a little while in the clever league... i started out winning some and losing some... lately I have been winning most of my games. Im wondering how many games do most people have to win in a row before getting promoted? does quality of opponent matter (as I have beat a couple people ranked #1 in clever)? Just curious of peoples experience, and what to expect... thanks!

Leifton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: How many wins to get promoted?
how many league wins do you have? It took me 15 games to get out of clever but i won 15 in a row right when I got placed. In gifted, im on around a 16-1 streak and haven't even played a master.

So how many league wins do you have?
12-05-2012, 09:46 AM
There's a hidden system that determines how your level up.
12-05-2012, 09:57 AM
(12-05-2012 09:46 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  how many league wins do you have? It took me 15 games to get out of clever but i won 15 in a row right when I got placed. In gifted, im on around a 16-1 streak and haven't even played a master.

So how many league wins do you have?

I have 33. I went through a phase where i would play not really paying much attention (and lost a bunch doing dumb stuff)... recently I have been winning everything (and paying attention...haha). so im wondering how long they will hold the losses against me...
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
It shouldn't be too bad. Once you start playing gifted players like me, though probably a tad worst, you know your about to get promoted. Had you played any gifted players yet? I'm guessing not. Also being ranked number 1 doesn't neccessarily means they are the best player, just the most active (though they do probably win a good bit too).

I think by the sounds of it, your almost their! Keep winning!
12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
My experience was about 20-30 wins to get promoted. You'll start playing opponents from the league above when you're close.

But ya, there's a ton of variables so that's a drastic oversimplification.....

However you don't need a winning streak to get promoted, I have had my fair share of losses and doubt I've had a streak over 10.

And, the current ranking system isn't a great gage of quality at the moment. I take points divided by wins, and compare to yours, to get a better idea.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
It took me over 50 wits to get promoted out of fluffy despite winning many in a row repeatedly. I now have about 130 wins and I am number 4 in my clever league right now (still!). Winning streaks are good, but they have to be sustained for a while and they do not replace winning consistently.

As Rounds go to ∞, Wits go to 6∞. So, basically, Outwitters has no Limits...
12-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I think I was promoted because I was losing or winning against clever but always beating fluffys. So I got promoted.

~> Gifted League 1v1 Gifted
~> GC: OutWitter11
~>S.E.A.L.
~>Scotland!
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I was promoted to Super Titan at 149 league wins, however that does include at least 30-35 2v2 wins. Possibly more. It was not during a long win streak either. In fact I had just lost a game, then won 3 in a row. And promoted after the third. It's worth noting though that I was on a decent winning streak prior to the loss. At least 15 wins. So don't know if that was a factor....

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I have 142 league wins (30% 1v1, 70% 2v2) but I've never gotten a promotion. I see some ppl get promoted within 30 matches... Lucky them :/

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]