Poll: To help OML see if they should prioritize this, do you like this idea?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change to Move Confirmation Dialog - Feature request
12-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Change to Move Confirmation Dialog - Feature request
I'd like to request a change to the Move Dialog:

In between Move & Cancel, I'd like it to have a short banner that says the unit type I'm moving. I'm finding, particularly when I am moving the unit only 1-2 hexes away, I think I've tapped one unit, but in actuality I tapped a different one. I go ahead and confirm only to find out that I moved the wrong one. I'd be less likely to do that if I had something that said the unit type.

While I am at it, I'd like the confirmation to extend to attacking, healing, or using a special capability. Where it makes sense, it may need to be the "target" unit, such as a confirmation you want to heal your Sniper or shoot a blank space (which may be desirable with the Scallywag Bombshell). It would just prevent accidental moves; the game is about strategy, not being able to take advantage of people's accidental fat fingers IMHO.

BTW, I am on an iPhone; I've yet t try this out on the iPad which may not see this problem due to its larger size.

thanks,
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: Change to Move Confirmation Dialog - Feature request
Yes. In addition, I would suggest that the unit selected should be highlighted similarly to how the valid movement hexes are highlighted.

There should be many more confirmation dialogs as well (confirm shelling/unshelling BS, rooting/unrooting Bramble, attacking, healing, etc.).

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 05:23 AM
The only problems I've ever had are accidentally transforming or rooting Bombshell/Bramble - and that's because I'm in the habit of tapping the unit to check their movability and then tapping them again to cancel it. I consider that my own fault.

However, I play on an iPad so I don't know the difficulties of a smaller screen.
12-05-2012, 05:26 AM
(12-05-2012 05:23 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  The only problems I've ever had are accidentally transforming or rooting Bombshell/Bramble - and that's because I'm in the habit of tapping the unit to check their movability and then tapping them again to cancel it. I consider that my own fault.

However, I play on an iPad so I don't know the difficulties of a smaller screen.

This happened to me the other day. I was so mad at myself. Thank goodness it was not a league match.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 05:29 AM
I just accidentally hit 'done' instead of Replay at the start of my turn.

12-05-2012, 06:20 AM
For Gfich...

That seems like another confirmation box then; if you have wits left you should be asked are you really done.

I'd think on a larger screen the sizes of these items may be bigger, so perhaps it isn't a problem, but I don't know how many times I have accidentally confirmed a move, realized it wasn't what i intended and then if I was lucky enough to have wits left, have to go through a defensive firefighting mode...

Anyway, just something for the OML to consider adding...
12-05-2012, 09:48 AM
When using bramble, I have often just been moving the screen and accidently created vines blocking my snipers Sad those thing definitely need a confirmation dialog for creation.
12-06-2012, 12:38 AM
(12-05-2012 05:23 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  The only problems I've ever had are accidentally transforming or rooting Bombshell/Bramble - and that's because I'm in the habit of tapping the unit to check their movability and then tapping them again to cancel it. I consider that my own fault.

I have had that same problem. I was so mad at myself for doing that. lol

GC: TheGreatAnt
12-07-2012, 04:11 AM
(12-05-2012 05:23 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  I'm in the habit of tapping the unit to check their movability and then tapping them again to cancel it.

After you tap them to check their range, you can click anywhere to cancel. I guess this should avoid the unwanted accidental presses. Smile
12-07-2012, 08:51 AM
No to your specific suggestion, but I do believe that there can be some beneficial changes to the interface. For selecting a unit, you can just look at the range to quickly ascertain which unit you selected. However, there is an issue when attacking or healing two adjacent units. Usually I try to click as far from the wrong unit as possible while still barely clicking on the correct unit to make sure I don't select the incorrect one. However, this means I sometimes end up having to click 2 or 3 times until I barely select the edge of the intended unit. This probably isn't an issue on the iPad, but I get nervous about these types of things on the iPhone.

As for the Done button, this needs to be changed to include a confirmation. I get so nervous every time I'm taking a turn because I know that at any moment I could accidentally hit the done button and ruin the game. I actually did this once because I almost dropped my phone. I caught it on the corner... and you know what's there? The done button. Should have just let my phone fall (kidding! well... am I? >.<). It's probably not a huge deal in terms of people actually hitting it by accident (it hasn't really affected me in that way), but it would give me some peace of mind.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]