Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still having issues with bombshell
12-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Still having issues with bombshell
I don't seem to understand how to deal with bombshell, or see how it is completely balanced wither the others. Rushing seems to be the only viable option. Once they get one out, and it is defended with a heavy and few soldiers, without a mobi it is impossible to get to it. I have been trying to playing as veggies, but bramble just has such a disadvantage against bombshell that im forced to choose another race since the majority of players play as scallywags, I don't get to play the race i want, and I am forced to attempt to rush all the time. I just don't seem to be catching on here. I have read thread about this issue before and it has not seemed to help, if anyone has some good replays or some input I would appreciate it! thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 06:47 AM
RE: Still having issues with bombshell
Veggies vs bombshell... haven't played that one yet, but I can theorize a little! I would use thorns to protect your units from the shell if you're forced to fight around it, it can't shoot over them. Otherwise I'd harass the area away from the shell like crazy, cover spawns with thorns, take wit spaces, all that good stuff, and try to get them to move the shell around and waste wits.
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
(12-04-2012 06:47 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Veggies vs bombshell... haven't played that one yet, but I can theorize a little! I would use thorns to protect your units from the shell if you're forced to fight around it, it can't shoot over them. Otherwise I'd harass the area away from the shell like crazy, cover spawns with thorns, take wit spaces, all that good stuff, and try to get them to move the shell around and waste wits.

The main issue I can see is how easily a Bombshell can clear out thorns. Unlike every other unit in the game, a Bombshell can potentially clear out multiple Thorns per shot, nullifying any Wit advantage the Bramble is hoping to generate near the opponent's base. The Veggies player is forced to sit tight and wait for the Bombshell to move himself, especially in maps like Sharkfood and Peekaboo.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-04-2012, 09:35 AM
My experience, in peekaboo bombshell is completely op, in glitch he the best to have special (not yet op but almost there). All other maps, with the exception of sharkfood island, just attack from somewhere else. Since moving cost a lot of wits and requires another turn before it can be used attacking from another position is a sure way to win. As for sharkfood island the best way is to rush them.
12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey partner! (OneSlice. and I are qalifying in 2v2)
Heres a game in which I handle the BS okayish. I do have a lot of games in which I've outplayed scallywags but this is the most recent one with the update. I actually don't have many games going with Scallywags in 1v1
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yno79AQw
The best way to deal with a bomshell, as shown in this game, is too literally beat the crap out of it right when you see one. I didn't let my opponent spawn practically any soldiers. I don't think this is the best example I have for how to dominate the BS but its the most recent one with the update and you asked for a replay.
Also when I play scallywags on 2 spawn maps, I NEVER allow them to spawn a BS. One a 1 spawn map, I can usually predict where they will put an early BS.

Also another way, which I'm not good at, is to go around the BS. I remember seeing a game in which Eijolend did this on glitch. I think it was Eijolend vs Coolwhip.... Not quite sure.
12-04-2012, 10:30 AM
(12-04-2012 09:35 AM)game_taker Wrote:  My experience, in peekaboo bombshell is completely op, in glitch he the best to have special (not yet op but almost there). All other maps, with the exception of sharkfood island, just attack from somewhere else. Since moving cost a lot of wits and requires another turn before it can be used attacking from another position is a sure way to win. As for sharkfood island the best way is to rush them.

If you're playing Adorables vs Scallywags in Sharkfood Island, take a page out of Calmon!'s Big Book of Mobi and harass your opponent's Spawn point. Most Scallywags players on Sharkfood Island position their Bombshells up North to defend the top passageway, leaving their Spawn point vulnerable and forcing the Scallywags player to waste Wits (and turns!) shuffling their Bombshells around.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
(12-04-2012 10:30 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  If you're playing Adorables vs Scallywags in Sharkfood Island, take a page out of Calmon!'s Big Book of Mobi and harass your opponent's Spawn point. Most Scallywags players on Sharkfood Island position their Bombshells up North to defend the top passageway, leaving their Spawn point vulnerable and forcing the Scallywags player to waste Wits (and turns!) shuffling their Bombshells around.
That's a very good tip! I've never done it, but I can see how it logically makes sense. Thanks for that tip!
12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
(12-04-2012 10:30 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:35 AM)game_taker Wrote:  My experience, in peekaboo bombshell is completely op, in glitch he the best to have special (not yet op but almost there). All other maps, with the exception of sharkfood island, just attack from somewhere else. Since moving cost a lot of wits and requires another turn before it can be used attacking from another position is a sure way to win. As for sharkfood island the best way is to rush them.

If you're playing Adorables vs Scallywags in Sharkfood Island, take a page out of Calmon!'s Big Book of Mobi and harass your opponent's Spawn point. Most Scallywags players on Sharkfood Island position their Bombshells up North to defend the top passageway, leaving their Spawn point vulnerable and forcing the Scallywags player to waste Wits (and turns!) shuffling their Bombshells around.

I've seen that in a few replays, my issue with that is that if you haven't set up a strong defence he could just forget his spawn point and start charging up north going for the base. (Although then you could counter by hitting his base.)
12-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all the feedback! the biggest issue I see is that the balance is not between all races. I don't like feeling like i have to go adorables just in case my opponent is scallywags. I should be able to choose any race i want and be confident that i can deal with anything they throw at me. As for veggies, i do great against all other races, i like the style of hiding sniper and stuff in the bushes, but against a bombshell it doesn't work at all, all they need is vision, watch replay for parent vine, hit that one, waste all my wits used to build the bunker, and possibly kill sniper with splash if not buffed, then win. Idk it just seems slightly imbalanced to me, But I will continue to work on it thanks for the help!
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Generally my personal preference if my opponent turtles in SF is to threaten the Mobi 2 turn kill with a formation of 3 soldiers to threaten to win the turn after. If they don't respond, you win. If they do you're forcing them out of turtling. If you managed to deal 2 damage they will be forced to occupy the top hex to prevent sniping. Me experimenting unoptimally but still working. outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YppCCAgw

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?