Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5
11-13-2012, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 12:04 AM by Gf!sh.)
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5

Here.
Gfich presents.
In collaboration with CombatEX.

The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament
Season 1

The top 16 of the world, facing each other in the toughest of tournaments!

Original idea by
Gfich
Expansions, ranking systems and pure awesomeness by
CombatEX

Competitors

(sorted by seedings)
P1noyboypj
Alvendor
Terenceshiu2005
el*tabasco
Harti!
awpertunity
garcia10000
poweewee
vide0gamer
pokhs
Da Wizerd
GreatGonzales
Bad Herr Day
jacs9
Yz Easy
Necrocat219

Format

Ye olde elimination!
Best of 3, best of 5/7 for the final.

In the third match, the lower ranked person may choose between being P1 or picking a map (named as P2 on the spreadsheet).

[Image: 0B94syJCq9dvpNk52NEVsc0l4Yzg?e=download&...1nmd8ofkpi]

Details/Brackets

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: The Super-Super-Titan Tournament! -- confirmations to be taken
Instead of the top 32, why not consider the top 50 or even 100 ? Haha then I stand a chance to participate.
11-13-2012, 03:45 AM
It's probably because 16 people single elimination already takes 4 rounds - and because of the slow nature of outwitter tournaments that could probably take quite long.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
11-13-2012, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 03:56 AM by joelduque.)
Willing to take part if a spot for me is available. Only #30 on that list.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-13-2012, 03:56 AM
@Jacs9 that's because we are taking CombatEX' Seasons Top 32, which, as the name states, is only 32 names long, and is a combination of all Top 100/200's of August-October.

@Eijolend I was planning to play a group round first, like the World Cup, but yeah, that's still 1 group round + 3 elimination rounds.

11-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Got it. So the only way to qualify is to rise up in ranks the next season. Smile
11-13-2012, 04:39 AM
How about an all out brawl of the top 200? ( Lemme iiiiiiiin Big Grin)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Gfich just FYI, I ran a similar tournament for the game Hero Academy - invitation only to top players, like this - and I found that it was rather difficult to get people to confirm their interest in participating. I did eventually get to 16 players, but only barely. I recommend starting a game with these people and sending a chat to get their attention!
11-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Well, that might be a good idea, but i think it's rather rude to do so, so I will probably only do that as a last resort option. I thought of PM'ing Alex and/or Adam to promote this on the in-game news page (we all know what that did to the 2v2r open), along with the Seasons Top 32, as I think it would be a great addition to the normal Top 200.

11-13-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 07:02 AM by CombatEX.)
I'll send Adam a PM and hopefully he can make an announcement with the 32 players on this list included. Also, poweewee's name should be green =)

Anyway, thanks for setting this up Gfich! It's precisely what I had in mind, but I wasn't sure I really had the time to commit to organizing this tournament. Maybe put a 'Reserves' section beneath the Season 1 Ranked player confirmation list (more on that below)? Also, this last part isn't too important, but could we perhaps alter the name a bit to reflect that this is the Season 1 tournament? This way it will reinforce the tournament's correlation to the seasonal league rankings. Outwitters Season 1 Tournament sounds rather bland compared to your name, but some that can incorporate Season 1 would be nice. I like your formatting in your post by the way. Looks great!

Tournament Participation Priority

Priority (highest to lowest)
1. Season 1 Top 16
2. Season 1 Ranked players (in this case the Top 32)
3. Unranked players in the Top 200
3a. Priority for these players will be determined at the end of the signup period (likely done in the same way the Season 1 rankings were calculated)

So, if you're in the top 200, feel free to register for the tournament. There's no guarantee you'll get in, but it's possible if the 16 slots aren't filled by the registration deadline.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]