Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: Someone wrote an article about Outwitters being a financial flop
Go through the blog history of Outwitters and you'll see why ;P

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I've seen why before. I just never knew someone wrote an article about it.

12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
With the update, new team, and DLC bases, I wonder if it's still going to be an estimated 7 years to break even? Not to mention how much they must've spent to produce the Veggienauts.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
*shudders* read the article, then the comments *shuddering still*. Don't read the comments, spare yourself

iPro Clan
12-02-2012, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 11:31 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(12-02-2012 11:25 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Don't read the comments, spare yourself

I already did.Confused

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-02-2012, 11:38 AM
(12-02-2012 11:25 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  *shudders* read the article, then the comments *shuddering still*. Don't read the comments, spare yourself

Dang it you made me curious and I read the comments. WHY ARE THERE SO MUCH D*** F2P HATERS?

12-02-2012, 11:53 AM
(12-02-2012 11:38 AM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  WHY ARE THERE SO MUCH D*** F2P HATERS?

Outwitters is not your typical F2P game. Most of them rely on the premise of if you want to win, you have to pay for an IAP. I generally do not like this trend and wish developers would move away from it.

Outwitters you don't have to pay to win. But because of the negative stigma associated with F2P games, they got the bad end of the stick. The haters won't download. And the people who did download found out they could play the whole game AND be successful without purchasing anything. Hence low revenue.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
F2P games are commonly associated with Zynga-type games, which use a lot of psychological tricks to "hook" players. Many of these games are not fun, and they feel more like work. People who hate F2P games are mistakenly considering the bad addictive games and the F2P model as one and the same, whereas these bad games are merely a subset of F2P.
12-02-2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 12:31 PM by ImperialSun.)
I hate F2P games in general and actually click the back button immediately when I see an app has IAP in the appstore. Fortunately I discovered Outwitters from a friend instead of while browsing in the appstore so in this case that didn't happen.

It's a shame because this isn't a F2P game with pay to win microtransactions. Instead it's basically the good old classic way of adding content except even better. It's more like a classic paid game with DLC/mini expansions except... it's free! You can play the ENTIRE game for free. Seriously. Okay, so you don't have access to the 'Undead expansion' (comparing this to WC3 which is a widely praised game). Oh well, just buy the expansions (Feedback/Adorables/Veggienauts, or even better just get the Uber Pack). Do you see people complaining about WC3's expansion? No. In fact, if you want to get mad at Outwitters, you should be furious with WC3. WHAT? $60 for 1 team?! In Outwitters you get 3 teams for what? $6?

*sigh*