Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Losing Interest...
01-07-2013, 02:31 AM
RE: Losing Interest...
I was totally addicted to Outwitters in last summer but when I lost my iPod I had a nice, long (AGONISING) gap from playing Outwitters. I just got a new one for Christmas and play everyday since, but I find that it's not really that fun anymore. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the +1 update because it really helps when I run out of wits. Still, there's just something missing about this game that was there when it was first released. Or maybe it's because I just don't spend enough time planning my turns. Which is mostly because it's really depressing, as I'm usually losing.
So now I'm looking for mentoring with a Clan, and perhaps training. And of course, advice!

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 02:37 AM
I used to be really addicted to Outwitters (and kinda still am) but I just automatically reply to games, without actually having fun. It started when they began posting the top 100 last summer. It makes me feel depressed that if I, if ever, make it to the list, there'll be tons of STs and it wouldn't be a special league any more.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-07-2013, 06:17 AM
I've been playing a lot of 2v2 lately. And it's really changed things up. Rising in the ranks reeeeeal fast!! Hardest part is being paired with a bad partner. Very difficult to carry your teammate and still win when playing against skilled opponents.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
01-07-2013, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 08:42 PM by Lrimas.)
(12-07-2012 01:40 PM)MrUseless Wrote:  I've gone through burnout in all these type games, including Hero Academy. I deal with it by stepping away from the game or at least not playing any League matches for a while.

But I haven't burned out on 2v2 yet, it's a wonderful change of pace. And the slower turns really help with the burnout. I think my burnout comes from constantly playing or looking to see if my opponent has moved. With 2v2, I just sit back and wait and it seems more relaxed.

I used to enjoy 2v2, but I am finding it way too stressful these days. If I have a fat finger moment, or make a mistake on a 1v1 game, it only affects me. On a 2v2 game it also affects my partner. This makes me too scared to make a move for days on end Sad. Any way to get past this fear?
01-07-2013, 11:39 PM
(01-07-2013 08:39 PM)Lrimas Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 01:40 PM)MrUseless Wrote:  I've gone through burnout in all these type games, including Hero Academy. I deal with it by stepping away from the game or at least not playing any League matches for a while.

But I haven't burned out on 2v2 yet, it's a wonderful change of pace. And the slower turns really help with the burnout. I think my burnout comes from constantly playing or looking to see if my opponent has moved. With 2v2, I just sit back and wait and it seems more relaxed.

I used to enjoy 2v2, but I am finding it way too stressful these days. If I have a fat finger moment, or make a mistake on a 1v1 game, it only affects me. On a 2v2 game it also affects my partner. This makes me too scared to make a move for days on end Sad. Any way to get past this fear?

I feel the exact opposite...
1v1 is super stressful for me cause if I make a mistake, it's all my fault. 2v2 is less stressful cus I don't feel that the opponent is attacking me alone, and if I mess up on my side, I can still hope my partner salvages the situation. 1v1 is so pressurizing for me.
I guess you're a very responsible person IRL Tongue

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]