Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What should I do? What would you do?
12-01-2012, 06:52 AM
What should I do? What would you do?
Okay, I love outwitters to pieces. I have been playing it for a while, and I have never encoutered this before:
I have recently beaten a 2 vs. 2 game. It was an odd game. My team just barely beat the other, (we would have died if the game went on for one more turn) I was surprised but also happy. A day later, I noticed a new message in the game. I read it. It said: screw you and the b word. I was shocked. I have no idea what to do. Do you report swearing? Is swearing allowed? I am asking for everyone's opinion, wondering what they would do in this situation, because I dont want to feel awkward if this situation comes up again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: What should I do? What would you do?
You can report the user for harassment to devs. Not sure there's a precedence for it... but couldn't hurt. I'd also ignore it if I were you, no reason to let them get you down or worked up.
12-01-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 09:39 AM by CombatEX.)
Just ignore it. I've found Outwitters is much better in general than most competitive games. For example, at the end of ~1 in 3 games of Starcraft 2 you'll have an opponent make some offensive or snide remark. Even the people who don't say anything explicit will often downplay your win with comments like "lol what a joke" or "must be nice playing an op race".

And these are just the sore losers. At least we don't have a bunch of people throwing insults at you while they're winning. In Starcraft you'll have people saying things like "ez scrub" "GTFO" "You mad bro?" and so on when they're beating you. I love the game, but it has one of the worst communities I've ever played in.

Outwitters is so refreshing by contrast ^^ Let's keep it up!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
The communities of SC style games has always been bad Sad I play League of Ledgends now and then but the flaming comes from allies most of the time with blame and reporting flying around.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-01-2012, 12:51 PM
(12-01-2012 09:42 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The communities of SC style games has always been bad Sad I play League of Ledgends now and then but the flaming comes from allies most of the time with blame and reporting flying around.

At least LOL isn't as bad as Dota. They both are great games though so I've adapted to ignoring those trolls.

My favorite games right now are minecraft, tf2, chivarly (new multiplayer knight fighting game for PC. Check it out!), awesomenauts (like LOL but 2d platformer), and outwitters.

These are my favorite games because the community is cool. I play other games but i find myself going back to these ones lately.

So myninja, what I'm saying is that asshole who insulted you after you owned him is just a troll. Just ignore it! You've heard it before: Don't feed the trolls, it means they win (or however that saying goes)
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:31 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-01-2012 12:51 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 09:42 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The communities of SC style games has always been bad Sad I play League of Ledgends now and then but the flaming comes from allies most of the time with blame and reporting flying around.

At least LOL isn't as bad as Dota. They both are great games though so I've adapted to ignoring those trolls.

My favorite games right now are minecraft, tf2, chivarly (new multiplayer knight fighting game for PC. Check it out!), awesomenauts (like LOL but 2d platformer), and outwitters.

These are my favorite games because the community is cool. I play other games but i find myself going back to these ones lately.

So myninja, what I'm saying is that asshole who insulted you after you owned him is just a troll. Just ignore it! You've heard it before: Don't feed the trolls, it means they win (or however that saying goes)

i find that trash talking can be used as a strategy in dota. we often use it during team matches. we let our support (the support doesnt need items to be of purpose so dying a lot wont be a problem) trash talk the enemy so when the clash arrives. they try and kill the support thhat pissed them off. (free hit for the carries Big Grin)

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Just ignore that person. Just don't use the same word back on him no matter how provoked you are.
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
(12-01-2012 09:37 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  For example, at the end of ~1 in 3 games of Starcraft 2 you'll have an opponent make some offensive or snide remark. Even the people who don't say anything explicit will often downplay your win with comments like "lol what a joke" or "must be nice playing an op race".

Haha, I'd say 1/3 is being conservative. Not gonna lie though, there is definitely something especially frustrating about losing to marine allins/mass marines. I know I've said my share of those last two phrases to Terran players ;X
12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Ugh. I hate those stupid mass marine allin strats. Anyway, I did at first say something like "more than 1 in 2 games", but then I realized that it really depends on what group of players you are playing. What I mean is that top 2v2 masters players (and especially 3s/4s players who think they're on top of the world with their double 10p + T or P) seem to be way more BM than average. Since we both played 2v2 at a high level I think our impression may be skewed as a result. However, sometimes I would drop placements in 2s/3s/4s with some friends and troll gold, silver, bronze players. In general these players seem to be much more amicable (though obviously not always, especially when my friends decide to do things like manner nexus ^^).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]