Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match analysis
11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Match analysis
I generally have a basic idea of what I feel i need to accomplish each game on each different map in order to win, for example, get my sniper in a certain position, steal a wit spot by turn X, you get the picture
And as my skills develop, so do my ideals on what my strategies are
I love long nine, I feel comfortable playing there and I believe I have a good strategy
That being said, I played this guy and I have never seen this stratedgy on long nine before
Spoiler, ok not really, I won although my original stratedgy totally changed
So what I want to know is this: was his stratedgy/plan bad, or did I just counter it like a boss?
I would like some imput from experienced players, I'm only in clever and want to get better
Cheers!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnvqBAgw
Sorry, idk how to shorten link while on my iPad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 05:08 PM by TheGreatAnt.)
RE: Match analysis
To make a URL clickable when using iPad to go strait to game for replay use this formula, though without spaces between brackets:
[ url=YOURLINKHERE ]This is the text that will appear in place of link[/ url ]

example: Long game but I won.

(quote this post to view code)

COMMENT ON THE GAME:
It appears as though he tried to focus all his units on one attack area, which left the bottom avenue wide open for you to walk into. Because of his attempt at "quick attack" he was using weak units that were easy to defend against. I am sure in some instances, this rush attack has thrown many players off track, but I don't ever see that as a reliable tactic.

Granted, I am no Titan, but I try to get a footing on both the top and bottom flank, then while I distract with one flank, attack with the others. Of course, plans always change depending on what the opponent tries to do.

But hey, good win for you.

GC: TheGreatAnt
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 05:10 PM by Sasquatch.)
[outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnvqBAgw]hopefully this works[/url]
Please work!
Gosh darnit I suck
11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
(11-30-2012 05:10 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:  [outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnvqBAgw]hopefully this works[/url]
Please work!
Gosh darnit I suck

In the first bracket before the link, put "url=" that will make it work.

11-30-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 05:18 PM by Sasquatch.)
this time?
Victory! Thanks!
11-30-2012, 05:20 PM
(11-30-2012 05:18 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:  this time?
Victory! Thanks!
Not a problem, and happy playing!

11-30-2012, 08:32 PM
(11-30-2012 04:56 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:  I generally have a basic idea of what I feel i need to accomplish each game on each different map in order to win, for example, get my sniper in a certain position, steal a wit spot by turn X, you get the picture
And as my skills develop, so do my ideals on what my strategies are
I love long nine, I feel comfortable playing there and I believe I have a good strategy
That being said, I played this guy and I have never seen this stratedgy on long nine before
Spoiler, ok not really, I won although my original stratedgy totally changed
So what I want to know is this: was his stratedgy/plan bad, or did I just counter it like a boss?
I would like some imput from experienced players, I'm only in clever and want to get better
Cheers!

Yes, his strategy is bad. He left his lower flank completely undefended, attacked with heavy (heavies are mainly for defense), and spammed runners. That is a bad strategy.
12-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Thank you Smile
12-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Sasquatch, are you the bigfoot?
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
(11-30-2012 05:10 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:  [outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnvqBAgw]hopefully this works[/url]
Please work!
Gosh darnit I suck

Touch NEW REPLY, near the right you will see a globe with a link thingy. Delete the http in the beginning, put in the link, title the link, and you're done! I'm on my iPad writing this.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.