Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detailed Replay Data Analysis
05-11-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: Detailed Replay Data Analysis
(05-11-2014 12:47 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  Does this have to be downloaded on a computer? It's not working for my iPhone, it says unable to read document unknown exception

Yea I think you need to download it on a computer. Not sure if an iPhone could handle the excel file?

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 05:43 AM by Juslas.)
Download free LibreOffice for computer, works fine, cost nothing.
05-11-2014, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 03:23 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(05-10-2014 10:33 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  The page "games created over time" is bugged to me.

What is bugged about it? Could be a version issue.

(05-11-2014 12:47 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  Does this have to be downloaded on a computer? It's not working for my iPhone, it says unable to read document unknown exception

Yeah you'll need to download this to a computer, I don't think iOS will be able to handle it. The file is over 40 mb in size.

(05-10-2014 09:45 PM)lawtai Wrote:  This is great! How are you planning on managing all the data though? The file is already 40+MB's, and will only continue to grow.

It's a good question. I've already pasted over all but 1 row of formulas in the master tab, and deleted all of the source data (except for the master tab). Every week I'll be adding ~10,000 rows of data, so it could get unwieldy. By the end of this process Excel was already starting to break on me a bit. <_< We'll see how it goes!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
05-11-2014, 06:58 AM
How do I take a pic of what I see in excel?

The graph is very weird, it's as if games were only created at the beginning of april and at the beginning of may.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

05-11-2014, 07:29 AM
fancy charts!
excel is slow but still unexpectedly powerful!

Fluffy League
05-11-2014, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:35 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(05-11-2014 06:58 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  How do I take a pic of what I see in excel?

The graph is very weird, it's as if games were only created at the beginning of april and at the beginning of may.

It shouldn't look like that, maybe you have a different version of excel. I'm using Excel 2007. This is what it should look like:

[Image: KwutUtx.jpg]

By the way: copy the graph, paste special, paste as JPEG or whatever.

05-11-2014, 09:39 AM
So I was trying to take a look at your formulas to see how you calculated things. It looks like you parse out the data into new columns in your Master sheet, basically starting at column AK. Would you be willing to post how you are consolidating those numbers down?

I was hoping to be able to see if it was possible to add in a box that let you separate the Friendly matches and the League matches as the winning % may be skewed if people are goofing off with the friendly matches.

05-11-2014, 09:59 AM
(05-11-2014 09:39 AM)lawtai Wrote:  So I was trying to take a look at your formulas to see how you calculated things. It looks like you parse out the data into new columns in your Master sheet, basically starting at column AK. Would you be willing to post how you are consolidating those numbers down?

I was hoping to be able to see if it was possible to add in a box that let you separate the Friendly matches and the League matches as the winning % may be skewed if people are goofing off with the friendly matches.

Yeah I did not control for league/friendly matches with any of these stats, that is one weakness. My thought was that - at least at our level - friendly matches are generally taken as seriously as league matches - I am referring to forum tournament matches. But, it would be nice to have those breakouts, I agree.

Yeah, basically what I am doing is creating a column which contains all the relevant data elements for a particular statistic. These are all noted in the column headings. For example: Game Type + P1 + Result + Map. And then my countif functions are looking for particular combinations of these elements, e.g. "2 GreatGonzales 1 4" for all my wins as P1 on Glitch.

It will take some time for you to separate friendly/league matches for all of the statistics I am currently calculating, since you pretty much will have to manually edit most of the formulas. BTW, I have preserved the actual formulas on the master tab in the very last row, something like 155,555.

Hope that helps!

05-11-2014, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 11:06 AM by lawtai.)
Yea, you could just create another column and add in the isleaguematch flag so it'd be something like this: IsLeagueMatch + Game Type + P1 + Result + Map.

Then make a check box to either include friendlies or not, and set everything in an IF() statement. It'd definitely make all the formulas messy though.

I might try to just update the Player Stats page first, since that was the one page I was looking more closely at, and would require fewer changes.

So I was able to fairly easily add in new columns that included "isleaguematch" in it. The results confused me at first since I was thinking only season 5 stats were included, and not all the data. But I was able to just delete out all but season 5. I only updated the player stats page since you have a ton of formulas in there.

05-11-2014, 12:54 PM
(05-11-2014 12:51 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  I do not have Excel. Sad Sad Sad

There is a free opensource program that will open excel files. The program series is called OpenOffice. Very similar to Microsoft Office.

GC: TheGreatAnt