Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirm dialog improvements
01-31-2014, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 05:35 AM by DavidL1337.)
Confirm dialog improvements
I feel this deserves a new thread:

Alex / Adam - Thanks for this game, which is without a doubt the best IOS game ever made!
I hope you read this:

I agree that an undo button is not an option. Also, FOW makes it too complicated!

I think we need to focus more on how to avoid not intended moves / attacks ! The confirmation dialog needs improvement in my opinion. At least you have the opportunity to turn on a "Move confirm Dialog", but this could be better. The hexagon you want to move to, should be marked better! Also, the move confirm dialog pops up in front of the marked hexagon, which makes the overview bad.
Regarding attacks, this is much worse. There is no confirm dialog when attacking. Once you hit the little fist icon, there is no way back! This can be a problem, ESPECIALLY on the iphone! Man.. have I made some mistakes tapping the wrong fist icon! Recently I tapped a soldier instead of a Scrambler, which made me lose a game.
I think there must be some sort of confirm dialog on attacks, so that there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt which unit you attack when you confirm.

I play on both iPad and iPhone. The problem is not that big on the iPad. But when I am on the road, I want to take turns on my iPhone Smile

[Image: Outwitters%20-%20Mobi%20vs%20Bramble%20-%20small.png]

Get your filthy thorns of me, flower dude!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: Confirm dialog improvements
Good proposal Wink

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 06:19 AM by The Big Jalacktus.)
Also a "are you sure you want to end your move?" Confirmation. At least when you sill have wit to use.

It's pronounced Juh-lack-tus
Arranged Doubles: Master League with HOR$EPOWER
Singles: Gifted League
Random Doubles: Clever
01-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Or course, then you might click yes instead of no, and you're stuck in the same spot.

What we really need is a confirmation on the confirmation, why is no one asking about that?

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
01-31-2014, 06:42 AM
All right, I'm going to get to working on a theorem that establishes the most appropriate number of recursive confirmation dialogs.

With respect to moving the wrong unit, maybe we could have the currently selected unit highlighted in some really noticeable way? Bright and flashing but non-seizure-inducing colors? Or some kind of colorful outline or something?

I'm all for confirmation dialogs on attacking and on pressing DONE as well. To me these seem like obviously good things (especially on the DONE button).

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2014, 06:59 AM
I would be so happy if an outline of the unit you are selecting was implemented. I after forge what unit is selected, or am not sure if I selected the correct one. I think that would be a fantastic addition. Alon with additional confirm dialogues (toggle able) as well.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-31-2014, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 08:02 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
I fully endorse this thread!

Although if we had a done confirmation, we might not have all these entertaining Glitch Feedback replays where people's 5 year olds clicked done for them.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhKrU6AkM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6ZLlAww

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
01-31-2014, 10:20 AM
YOSSS

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-31-2014, 10:41 AM
How about when you select to move to a spot or attack something, some confirmation buttons pop up at the BOTTOM of the screen so that they can be large enough, while the selected spot/enemy is highlighted in red and flashing like the way the base does when it is damaged.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Could we also add a breathalyzer to the game? We shouldn't be allowed to make moves if our BAC is above .12 or something. This costs me more games than anything.