Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
02-16-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
Apparently I should have said defecate. I apologize to all the puritans out there.

(02-07-2013 07:20 AM)baopu Wrote:  Ducks that shit atom bombs.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 08:21 AM
I think an invisible scout unit would be useful. 1 HP, 0 attack, 2 movement and can "see" through obstructions and/or other units. Just being able to see through the first layer of a defensive line would be awesome.
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 10:16 AM by Ryzuma.)
I don't remember the thread or poster but someone had an idea about a team with no special where every unit had the ability undying. If they died, a tombstone would appear. If stepped on it disappears. If it isnt stepped on, when your turn comes it respawns the unit in the same spot with 1 hp.
What about a special with a similar ability

Chiancungi
HP: 2
Movement: 4
Attack: 0
Ability: Necromancy - Any unit that dies within 3 hexes of Chiancungi its soul behind. This could be like an orb on the hex. If a unit walks on the soul or if it is more than 3 hexes from Chiancungi, it is destroyed. For 1 wit, Chiancungi can summon a body for the spirit.

Body
HP: 1
Movement: 2
Attack: 2
Ability: Minions extend the range of Chiancungi's ability

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
What about a unit that can turn enemy units to stone? The petrified unit would remain on the map as an impassable and vision-blocking obstacle to both teams until destroyed (the unit would retain its HP, I guess, and would take damage from any other unit as normal). Presumably petrifying a unit would give a +1 wit bonus to the player performing the petrification.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
I like the idea of a mobile spawn point.

MSP:
1 HP
4 Movement
"Grounds" on Click, then has the capability to spawn other units. Can be used any amount of times, but each unit costs 1 Extra wit. Activate again to "UnGround". Can Ground, move and unground in the same turn, but it cannot ground and spawn or spawn and unground in the same turn. Grounding makes it invincible, but if an enemy unit is stepping on it, it becomes useless and immobile.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 12:57 AM by John3:16.)
I think a mobile spawn unit would actually be pretty overpowered, especially if you could spawn unlimited units for +1 wit and it is invincible when grounded. (oh wait, maybe you didn't mean could spawn unlimited number of units in a single turn)

Many maps are balanced because of the placement of the spawns. Being able to spawn snipers for instance right next to a base (even for +1 wit), would mean getting anywhere near a base is a win.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
02-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't mean unlimited per turn, just unlimited in general (there's no limit to how many times it can be used before it has to unground). It's not completely invincible, if you stand on it, it becomes useless, like any other spawn point.

02-20-2013, 04:02 AM
The only problem with it is a major problem; directly compare it to the Mobi. The Mobi can also act as a spawn point too.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-20-2013, 04:09 AM
The Mobi can act as a spawn point, but it takes up a space and can be killed. The Mobi is sort of like a psuedo spawn point that can do other things, whereas the MSP is a fully fledged spawn point you can move around.

02-20-2013, 04:28 AM
Allows other units to move twice and attack twice. Can only be used when you have ten or more wits to use, but doesn't actually use ten wits- just a condition needed to use it.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;