Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else having division changing problems?
12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Is anyone else having division changing problems?
I have finished exactly 3 games since the beginning of season 2, and I'm pretty sure I have been in a new division after each game, but all of them still in Master's. First I was placed in Silver Hand, then I moved to Yellow Stone, and I thought I must have just been wrong about what division I was originally in. But I have finished another game and now I am in Ugly Nest. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it this time.

I am so confused. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a bug or is it an intentional part of the new system?

Game Center ID: SarenneraS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 05:13 PM by jaxxinjr.)
RE: Is anyone else having division changing problems?
Happened to me after first game ended, placed in yellow stone masters league then moved to silver hand.
12-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening to me, and I noticed something else strange. With each win my score goes down by one point, and no one has more than 10 points in my league, Ugly Nest... kinda strange... especially with rumors of people being demoted on a win.
12-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I won my placement and got placed in Yellow Stone. I lost my third game and moved to Ugly Nest, losing all my points (5 -> 0). After winning the next game, I'm in Yellow Stone again. I wonder if the divisions are suddenly in some kind of linear ranking? Maybe Ugly Next is a not-so-subtle warning to do better.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Three games too. One the first one. Yellow stone? Lost two. Standing Turtle.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-14-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm getting shuffled divisions after every game - win or lose.

Time will tell if this means they have solved the poor ranking problem and will get the leagues more close to the hidden match strength or if another adjustment is needed.
12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Well I am glad it is not just me and I am not just loosing my mind.

(12-13-2012 06:23 PM)funklabqc Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening to me, and I noticed something else strange. With each win my score goes down by one point, and no one has more than 10 points in my league, Ugly Nest... kinda strange... especially with rumors of people being demoted on a win.

I think the demoted on a win thing is some sort of part of the whole system, that happened in Season 1 too on ocassionally. But the loosing points for a win is so confusing, I do not understand the new points system at all.

(12-13-2012 07:12 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  I won my placement and got placed in Yellow Stone. I lost my third game and moved to Ugly Nest, losing all my points (5 -> 0). After winning the next game, I'm in Yellow Stone again. I wonder if the divisions are suddenly in some kind of linear ranking? Maybe Ugly Next is a not-so-subtle warning to do better.

That would make some sense, except that I got moved from Yellow Stone to Ugly Nest on a win, so either it is not linear or one of us moved divisions the wrong direction.

I am so confused by this new system, I feel like I have no idea what is going on anymore.

Game Center ID: SarenneraS
12-14-2012, 08:50 AM
(12-14-2012 06:56 AM)Saren Wrote:  That would make some sense, except that I got moved from Yellow Stone to Ugly Nest on a win, so either it is not linear or one of us moved divisions the wrong direction.

I am so confused by this new system, I feel like I have no idea what is going on anymore.

You have to remember that Outwitters doesn't necessarily promote / demote players immediately after a win / lose. I mean, we hear about promotions on loss and demotions on win all the time. I think it's more of a, "hey, yeah, you won that game, congrats, dood, by the way, you got demoted earlier, sorry chap."

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Guys can you check after you win/lose a game and change a division if you get moved to that's persons division? That's what seems to be happening to me

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Even though it's confusing - it seems to be working to sort players more aggressively into win/loss profiles.

It's also showing that some really strong players were stuck quite low so there is a lot of movement. In the leagues I'm in - no one has more than 25 points and more than 2/3 of the division sits at 0 visible points. Even when I win and get +22 league points, I might only show 5 to 8 net points and the position ranking shown in the win dialog is already outdated 10 seconds later as I check the league and I'm another 5 or so places off when the system processed the game results to show me the points spread after a game ends.