Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately Need Help
11-19-2012, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 12:36 AM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Desperately Need Help
Okay as our game deleted I'm going to write out what I sent to you here as I still have our game here:

Okay watched your replays and I can spot a few major mistakes you make each game; you spawn 2 medics. I used to try it and it's just too expensive. The wits used for the medic can be used for a soldier. Because of this lack of 2-3 wits you get overrun easily.

Also you boost runners and send them in places they would be killed by soldiers or heavies anyway, which is a waste of wit. Every wit counts.

I Also saw one game you had 3 soldiers attacking your base and you spawned a heavy even though they were out of range. A sniper would have killed one right away and be cheaper.

In one game your opponent got ready to slip a soldier through the backdoor of your base, there you shouldn't have done anything because your heavy would have killed it if he dared advance; instead you moved the heavy down which just meant he would move his soldier away and then attach in the middle, forcing your heavy to go back.

You should avoid losing the medic. If you lose it spawn one if and when you get the chance but not if theres a lot of pressure. It helps over a long time but spawning 2 means your opponent has no reason to kill them as its as if they have already killed one.

If someone is turtling usually theres a few ways to go about it. you can match them with more soldiers too, or you can try to draw attention away from their turtling position. like attacking the stray with space on foundry or long nine, or my fave, spawn the scrambler and hide it so that when the time is right you can make a powerful push or counter a sudden attack hard.

Also, saving wits for later turns is a good idea

With your opponent hitting your base with runners as their tactics think of it this way; 1 damage costs them 4 wits to do and it costs you 2 wits to kill their runner; this means each damage costs them 2 wits more than you, so by the time they do 2-3 damage, you will have 4-6 more wits than them which is a massive advantage, same as 2-3 soldiers. As long as you can block the way after a few have damaged your base your army should be bigger than theirs and you should overpower them; it's all about managing your wits, there are many times I've gone down to 1 health and then my opponents crumbled because they had nothing left.

Sum up of my strategies: I would say that I like to play as up in my opponents face that I can possibly get until I spot a weakness or opportunity to strike. Thats probably the best way, and if that doesn't happen I either spawn a scrambler and position it in an unpredictable or powerful spot, or I save wits to make one massive attack with my army.

Hope this helps Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Desperately Need Help - rnarvin - 11-18-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - Necrocat219 - 11-18-2012, 02:19 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - rnarvin - 11-18-2012, 03:18 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - RandyDogz - 11-18-2012, 02:26 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - Necrocat219 - 11-18-2012, 02:27 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - RandyDogz - 11-18-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - Necrocat219 - 11-18-2012, 04:29 AM
RE: Desperately Need Help - Necrocat219 - 11-19-2012 12:35 AM