Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup
10-24-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup
(10-23-2012 10:44 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 08:39 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 07:32 PM)mable-ghaban Wrote:  An offline mode should be trivial (it is already implemented with passnplay),

A good AI is however not trivial, specially in a game like this(Anyone ever tried building a chess AI knows what im talking about). You could probably make a simple AI and after a few computer games the computer player gets extra wits/extra hp/extra starting units/better units/etc. This is a bit risky though, since it might be boring to play a poor AI with lots of handicap, not really sure.

Well, we wouldn't need too much out of the AI. If you've ever played a TBS game like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, the AI in those games are pretty simple, either playing aggressively (move into range and attack) or passively (sit and wait), with most of the challenge coming from having the opponent's forces stacked against you in terms of numbers / positioning / awesomeness. A campaign mode with dedicated maps could be something fun to play.

Single player Outwitters... with a plot? Even a nonsensical one, I'd buy. I've been craving a good solo TBS on iOS, and I just can't like Great Big War Game for some reason.

Single player with a plot would be a huge investment with very high risk. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like fun but unlikely to happen. Probably the best bet would be a puzzle mode where you would have to complete challenges with a set amount of wits. The +1 wit/kill mechanic would work well for something like that.

Now that's a great idea, a puzzle mode when you need to compleat a specific mission in a specific situation. About the story mode, I can see a good plot in my mind but the game itself just can't work, you can't play outwitters with machines
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup - rossP - 10-22-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup - Gf!sh - 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup - the duck - 10-24-2012 12:05 AM
RE: Revenue Suggestion plus Mockup - 2dhh - 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM