Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 07:42 PM by Zguignou.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(10-15-2012 12:56 PM)Strategic thinker Wrote:  4)Probably can't change revenue model and attract new players without major new mainstream appeal functionality. Marketing has been done, blogs have spoken, word of mouth has buzzed

2) Adding AI will be an incremental coding job. (I know AI will never match more than a ?Gifted? human. But by ramping up the AI wits on a sliding difficulty scale, and a couple of predetermined styles - blitz, turtle, creeping, special - I think it can provide an OK single-player challenge, with badges etc. See Neutrajima Hex)
3) It will make the game much more attractive for the mass market. Sometimes, you just want a quickie. And going up the learning curve in multiplayer is intimidating!
4) It is a big enough change to relaunch and get buzz again

Totally agree,
Make a big change ( Solo campaign ) that justify a new launch, and change the business model into a paid app.

Also read on the blog's comments, add a donation button in the shop and give some differents levels of flag to players on their base, so we can show proudly to others how supportive we are ! Your fanbase wants to give money and wants to play this game for years.
Second idea gathered on the blog's comments, limit the free app to friendly matches. Keep the league for paid users.

Also, would it be expensive to develop this game for Android and, even, computers, windows & Osx ? It would offer a lot more of players.

I'm a BIG fan of your games. I'm downloaded outwitters just because I was a big fan of Tilt for Live, I wasn't knowing I was downloading the best iPhone game ever made !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Zguignou - 10-15-2012 07:25 PM