Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-14-2012, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 03:07 AM by Ravernoth.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(10-13-2012 11:54 PM)Joggies Wrote:  Who knows if I'm representative of others, but I LOVE the concept of Outwitters, I'm PREPARED to pay for it through buying add-ons and what not, but I HAVEN'T YET and will continue to hold off for the time being. Why?

Specifically:
- the queue stacking issue really breaks the game for me. This should be easily fixable and it's a huge issue. I'm in the top 100 list, but have essentially stopped playing until this gets fixed because it distresses me. I've posted to this effect previously.
- Also, first turn advantage saps away a lot of joy for me. I win easily as P1 every time. I win as P2 a majority of the time, but it's a painful grind (although sweet as treacle when you beat a queue-stacker in multiple games). But often enough you lose, sometimes to a slightly worse player who was just good enough to get across the line by leveraging the P1 advantage.

I'll be happy to splash $5-10 on Outwitters once the two issues are fixed. (And immediately if there was an underaking to resolve them soon.)

The 8 wit for P2 fix is in the beta and should be out in the next version, so even if stacking isn't fixed, it will be a lot less problematic.
(10-14-2012 02:35 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  
(10-13-2012 10:43 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  _ Put adds for people who didn't pay anything after 20 or 30 games played.

I like this

Yes, added to the OP.

(10-14-2012 01:43 AM)poweewee Wrote:  
(10-13-2012 01:06 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  I've talked to many app junkies that get excited when I tell them about one of the best games I've come across, only to be let down when I tell them they have to play against other humans and not a computer. With all the crap making money out there, it sure is frustrating to hear a game like Outwitters can't make it.

Thats exactly what my friends feel. They have to wait a day for the other player to move? Turns some of them off. Unfortunately, I dont think it is too easy to create an AI to play against.

Added a 'Speed game' suggestion.

(10-13-2012 11:54 PM)Joggies Wrote:  Finally, there is one issue that doesn't worry me personally that much, but I have noticed from a lot of posts that it causes anxiousness for many players:
- the hidden ranking system. People seem to be getting put off by the opaqueness and they get frustrated by results they don't expect. They want to know roughly where they are placed, not just if they are in the top 100. If players' approximate percentile ranking was always available to them, I suspect more people would be willing to commit with their wallets and it would have a direct impact on the revenue situation.

Nice idea, added it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Ravernoth - 10-14-2012 02:50 AM