Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
10-07-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 07:52 AM by Ravernoth.)
Lightbulb Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion
There's a general consensus that at a Super Titan level there is a problem with Bombshell turtling.

Turtling and defensive play is fine - it's great that Outwitters allows a variety of strategies - but done patiently and properly, turtling with a Bombshell becomes too effective compared to other strategies and can lead to formulaic wins against all but the very best players (I believe Vivafringe can attest to this).

Suggested Change

Reduce the overall effectiveness of the Bombshell by increasing attack cost to 2 wits.

Having one action cost 2 wits would lead to confusion, so I suggest splitting the Bombshell's attack into two:

1. Initial direct attack (1 wit) - deals 2 damage to one hex
  2. Second splash attack (1 wit) - deals 1 damage to one hex and all adjacent hexes. Has to be the same target as the first attack.

So in effect it would take 2 wits to recreate the Bombshell's current attack

With this change, I believe the Bombshell would still be effective, but not overpowered when used by a skilled turtler.

Questions

- Would the Bombshell still be on par with other specials at high levels?

- Is this a suitable a reduction in power? The bombshell often isn't fired that many times in a game.

Would love input from everyone especially high level players, skilled turtlers, and also Alvendor and Vivafringe who were testing turtling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bombshell Turtling - Balancing Suggestion - Ravernoth - 10-07-2012 07:19 AM