Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: bid for max. turn limit
09-19-2012, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 01:20 PM by Feedback101.)
RE: Suggestion: bid for max. turn limit
I love napkin math Kamikaze, bravo.

You're right, I have thought about the problem of people in different timezones going to bed etc. If both players agree to the the time limit, than that is the deal and you would lose even if you lost web connection etc. To use a sporting analogy, you could minimise these problems by giving each player a couple of timeouts in case of lost connection, phone call or whatever. Otherwise, youre both stuck with your agreed limit.

Personally, I would usually be bidding for something like a max 12hr limit which would cover any sleep period, but the game would still tick along with at least 1-2 moves each per day. If I had at least 10 games going with a 12hr limit, I would always have a handful of moves to make when I opened the app a few times each day during coffee breaks etc. This is my real objective, a consistent 5-10 minute playing experience when I have the time to kill, instead of staring at a scrolling list of 'Their Turn' before I go back to reading Reddit.

Occasionally, when I had a long time to play, I would play 'blitz' but most of the time it would be 12h I reckon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: bid for max. turn limit - Feedback101 - 09-19-2012 01:18 PM