Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2.99 for an increased game limit?
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit?
(09-07-2012 08:16 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I'm a big supporter of developers of games that I like, buying skins, teams, and whatever else is being offered. Having said that, this is an extremely risky business model you have here. If I'm going to pay $3 I'd like to know that I received some sort of content even if it's just another choice of colors. Even riskier is bumping down game limit to 5 for the free users. As much as I like the idea of sticking it to the freeloaders, I'm concerned this will have an overall negative effect on the community. It may drastically reduce the number of players and we know it will drastically reduce the number of possible matchups. This seems like a move that should have been announced long ago. I love the game but I can't say I like this virtually unprecedented move.

I think that you are probably right, although with a well-balanced game like this, it does feel a bit strange to me that the "list price" is only $2.99. But that is the nature of the app store.

Probably the best way to make more money from the game would be to pump out new maps, units and teams. This will keep people playing (because of variety) and willing to spend as long as the content is good. Then, it doesn't really matter how much the users are playing, because server costs will not be important in comparison.

My personal feeling is that 5 games is not quite enough. Outwitters is a "slow" game, and with 5 games, even if you only check in once per day, you might only get to make a move or two. This might make people quit instead of paying up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit? - Cookie - 09-07-2012 06:40 PM