Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
08-18-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
Yah I understand FTA may be beneficial, and may be more apparent depending on the structure of the map. All I'm saying is that u can't just say "ok, 4 wits for p1, or 7 wits for p2" with no justification or testing. There should be a philosophy or "root cause" for the problem found out first before saying FTA is the problem.

Pro tips incoming: yes maps can be balanced if they are made in a way of holding choke points. If you, as the defender, put units in a way that they can attack right away (ie next to each other), u can counterattack without moving (and thus are up one wit, or more). Then again, this doesn't always work. Timing aggressiong is key. Even if p1 did this too, p2 has the "advantage" of making units that "counter" p1. This type of game can go back and forth, eventually being a game of specials. But throughout the game, it's all about wit management, an even saving wits for key attacks (or counterattacks). I'm sure there are plenty of games out there where you foiled an attack and just marched over during ur counter to win.

In summary don't get me wrong, 5 FTA might not be right after all. Maybe it should be 4 and 5 for p2 Or even both 4. Or 3. Instead, focus on improving our own gameplay and let devs crunch the numbers to fix balance.

In regards to too many games: I'm just opening the convo for thought. Maybe diff hardcore league? Tournament mode? Would it divide the community? Maybe. That's what forums are for! Discussion!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin - P1noyboypj - 08-18-2012 06:34 AM