Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
08-13-2012, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 07:02 PM by calmon.)
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
I know the headline may be a bit aggressive but it is my experience. When 2 Top Players play against FTA is mostly the deciding factor!

Personally I can't remember any lost game as P1. There may some, but very very few.

On contrary I lost/lose several games as P2.

High Level play means far less mistakes and very costs-efficient turns compared to lower levels. This means the Bonus Wits are incredible important!

I pled for a solution. At least for the Super Titan League. On lower leagues the FTA bonus exists sure but here the players mistakes/ineffective turns are the BIG factors and so FTA only marginal influences this.

My solution is still, just give P1 2 wits to start. Why 2?

Here is the answer:
the P1 starting wit bonus should be half of Turn-Wit income. The Witincome is only 5 in first turn, but the "usual" wit-income is 6 or 7.

In scenarios with 1 starting bonus field (6 income) you have 2 starting wits + the bonus field wits = ~3 as your FTA. VERY SLIGHTLY (only missing first turn 1 wit) disadvantage for P1.

On maps with 2 bonus fields as starting bonus the P1 is bit more in advantage than the P2 is in 6-income-scenario but its still far far less influencing.

2 Wits starting as P1 would be perfect to cancel out P1 FTA and would make a better/fairer game on top leagues (I think as well on lower one). So please make this happen on STL.
I know a lot of you need official statstics before acting but like said. FTA isn't a big problem in most match ups because other factors rule: high rate of mistakes, inefficiency, skilled-vs-unskilled matches, etc. but it IS on top match ups where the moves are as effective as possible and mistakes are rare.

A solution here would solve other problems: Players fill queue with a lot of games at same time to not play P2-only, which leads to a lot of match ups against the same players. I'm also sure there are exploits/abuses around which let a player be P1 in nearly 100% cases (easiest one comes into my mind is just to have a second high-level account to check/empty the queue with it).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin - calmon - 08-13-2012 06:37 PM