Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-03-2012, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 06:24 AM by jaesonwu.)
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Seems like a great game but I don't like the fact that you don't have full control over what you can make. The random draw system is enough to keep me away from this. If it had a different unit and item production system using some kind of resource system which gave you full control over your turn I would love this game. The aesthetic is really great though. To be honest I prefer orcs, dark elves, humans, and dwarves to fish people, teddy bears, and robots (Well, the Scallywags and Feedback are still quite nice and it's something different, but I don't much like the Adorables =P).

And before anyone says anything, I know that just because HA has a luck element it doesn't mean the game doesn't take skill. I realize that skill plays a way larger role in deciding the winner than luck. I just personally don't like that kind of gameplay element. For me if a game is going to have a random draw feature it's only fun if I have at least some say over what I'm going to draw (like being able to design a deck). In the case of HA though there aren't tons of different 'cards' so deck building wouldn't help that much.

Anyway, I'll probably play it casually in pass and play or with friends but for ranked games I'll stick to Outwitters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - jaesonwu - 08-03-2012 06:24 AM