Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
GG Champions League 2014-15 (SIGN-UPS OPEN FOR PLAY-OFFS) [11/9/14]
09-05-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Good Game Champions League 2014-15 (36/36) -STILL CHANCE TO SIGN UP [Up-09/04/14]
(09-05-2014 05:29 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 04:22 AM)Cosh2000 Wrote:  If there is space id be happy to play

Hi. If you are among the top 200 players, you can sign up. If so, send the email with the required information to otchampionsleague@gmail.com

Thanks for the interest

(09-04-2014 03:38 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  ...but I still think you may consider switching out either Thorn Gulley or Long Nine for something else before the league starts. It's not such a big deal, but I would like to see some greater team diversity than what we see at the top of the official league.

Hey CombatEX. These are some of the reasons I put these maps:

1. They have been played since the start of the game (so to speak). I mean, they are from 1st generation.

2. I didn't choose SFI because I consider it's a small map for such a "big" phase. Plus, LN and TG have more ways to beat your opponent (from my point of view).

3. I didn't choose "Peekaboo" because I prefer to prevent a crowded bombshell game where Scally will win. Of course, this all in my opinion.

4. IN LN and TG can be easily used specials if they want and it's not that disadvantageous if they want to get them early.

5. I didn't choose Glitch because I know there are a lot of "big" adorables players that would feel kind of uncomfortable that they have to play Glitch on that step pf the journey.

6. I didn't choose Foundry because it's a map that most of the time specials are overlooked. And we know specials give a hot touch in the game, obviously.

7. I didn't choose Reaper because it's been a very common map to define a big step in other tournaments. Plus it's smaller than the others chosen.

8. In these three chosen maps people could try whatever race they want. I've watched many replays and I've watched top players beating the others with some of the less favorite races.

Note: I could be wrong in some of these points but well those are ideas from my little experience in this game. But Thanks for the interest and idea Wink

I kinda agree completely with CombatEX. As a feedback player here is my opinion regarding the points u made.

1. TG isn't part of first gen it was added when bramble was added. (Although don't see why this matters at all)
2. SFI is a small map, but for that doesnt mean there a many ways to win. I agree that the first few turns tend to be the same but I'd like to but this is just one example of how SFI can end up being http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...A8u3F8ggM. (Taken from 2014 world cup)
Also TG doesn't have a large amount of ways to win from a feedback point of view. Its either attack left, right or middle.
3. Agree with u completely
4. Scrambler is not just not useful on thorn gully.
5. This seems a bit on fair because I feel like most scallywag and feedback players would feel uncomfortable playing on thorn gully vs an adorable player.
6. I agree that specials aren't used often in foundry, imo games without specials and easily be more interesting then games with specials.
7. Honestly I wouldn't want to play on reaper, but I feel like the maps should be a combination of both small and large ones since the map size changes the game drastically.
8. In all maps (maybe w/ peekaboo exception) top players beat other top players despite having team disadvantage.

somewhere in top 50
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Game Champions League 2014-15 (36/36) -STILL CHANCE TO SIGN UP [Up-09/04/14] - game_taker - 09-05-2014 08:23 AM