Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Replay] [Commentary] Double-Bombshell on Sharkfood Island
07-20-2012, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 02:31 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: [Replay] [Commentary] Double-Bombshell on Sharkfood Island
(07-20-2012 01:00 AM)swimj Wrote:  Finally, I have a general question on dealing with opponent's attacks. If I am facing a rush in which I know I can't kill all units at once, how should judge which ones to kill? For example, if there's a runner 4/5 spaces away (which can attack medic/do base damage), a heavy 3 spaces, a soldier going to take a wit space, and a soldier 3 spaces away. I don't need a specific list, but just how do you decide what to attack?

Hmm thats a good one Smile When you are in an actual game with a specific situation I don't think there are any hard rules. A lot of if comes down to list in your mind all the possible moves you can do and all possible moves he can answer with and go as deep as you can and then choose the best option.

That said, I guess there are some things to keep in mind. When you are defending you should do it as close to your base as possible without risking bonus squares or base. Concentrate on killing the expensive units that have travelled far. If both you and the opponent looses a heavy at your base you actually gain a lot of wits as he had invested 3-5 wits just to get it there.

You often don't have to worry about runners picking off the medic when defending. Think of it in wits. It costs him 1+1+1+1 to create, move, move again, attack to kill the medic. If you can kill the runner without moving (or while moving out a unit you would have moved anyway) it costs you 1+2+1 to get back to the original position plus you get the option to change your placement of the medic so not a bad trade.

Medic is also less important when defending as it mostly just cost one wit the get new units into battle. Remember, units become more valuable the more you move them towards the opponent's base. Its much more important to have high health on the units you go on the offensive with.

Does that make sense, or is it just me rambling? =)

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Replay] [Commentary] Double-Bombshell on Sharkfood Island - Alvendor - 07-20-2012 02:29 AM