Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top 100 players
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: top 100 players
(07-12-2012 11:00 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken the Super Titans league has divisions just like the other leagues. I was hoping there would not be divisions, and only 100 people could be in at a time, the theoretically best current 100 players. Maybe there could be a new league for this? Basically the exact same thing SC2 does.

Perhaps 100 would be too many, 50? 20? It's probably too early for such a thing to be meaningful now, but are there plans for something like this down the line?

I don't think there are any plans for adding leagues. But then again, I'm not a dev.

I'm curious though, how this might work. Could you not get promoted to Super-Titan league if there were already 100 players in there unless some player was recently demoted? What if multiple players were eligible for promotion? Would the first one to finish a match be promoted?
You can see that a fixed limit on a league like this opens the door for some very uncomfortable game theory scenarios, i. e. not finishing a game if you suspect that you're eligible for a promotion to Super-Titan.

Also: given that you currently cannot be demoted due to inactivity, you could end up with lots of "dead accounts" in Super-Titan league who either gave up Outwitters after achieving their goal or who are uncomfortable playing for fear of losing their spot in the Super-Titan league which is hard to get back. This kind of behavior is very counter-productive and is one reason why the league system is the way it is right now.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
top 100 players - aaronINdayton - 07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
RE: top 100 players - Kamikaze28 - 07-12-2012 11:24 PM
RE: top 100 players - aaronINdayton - 07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: top 100 players - Kamikaze28 - 07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
RE: top 100 players - aaronINdayton - 07-12-2012, 11:49 PM