Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
10-25-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
(10-11-2014 05:13 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Thanks! I keep wondering if I might have won on turn 27 if I kept the new runner on turn 25 one hex back....

I didn't think Alvendor would miss the hole in his defense...it might have gone a lot longer if he focused on defending

A bit late but wanted to comment on that war garden game. One of the more interesting games I've played. Except for my last turn I think it was good play by both, bunch of mistakes but just a result of several very tough choices.

I should probably have expected that early bombshell, at the time I was thinking you were rushing 3hp soldiers. But then I got a bit lucky with the scrambler trap and killed the BS. Now I had a wit advantage but it was very hard to make something out of it. Usually I would build up my position and slowly make my position stronger, but with the race matchup you would win a game with many units on each side. So I had to push forward.

There was so many wits unspent from you so I though you had a new bombshell and that was what I was counting on when I attacked with my second scrambler. When all you had was soldiers I was in big trouble.

As you said on turn 27, yeah I was pretty nervous when I moved the soldier blind and knew I had lost the game unless you had the runner on precisely that tile!

After that I had a wit advantage again but only 1hp base. And after the huge blunder it was game over of course.

In retrospect it was probably a mistake by me to try to go after your wit space when I had the wit advantage. Feedback might not be able to do that against scallies I might have been better off sacrificing wit advantage to take chunks off the base' hp like you did.

Anyway, great game!

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Time for a quick review! - Torbreck - 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] - Alvendor - 10-25-2014 12:31 AM