Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
12-14-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
(11-20-2013 04:39 PM)didgeralien Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 09:49 PM)brayton Wrote:  Also, does there need to be only 1 currancy in outwitters? Why not have a secondary, less substancial currancy(such as 'kills')? Outwitters obviously doesnt need research but...
unit upgrades bought with 'kills'?

For 3 Kills you can upgrade that soldier to do one extra damage or move one further. 12 Kills for Bombshell upgrade? (Assuming BS is still around) I like the idea of the 'Kills' required to buy an upgrade is "Unit cost x 1.4(Sqr Root of 2)".

Who says we cant have any new units?
Ranged unit that deals 2 damage 2 Hexs away, with 2 health and 2 HP? Yes please!

A 2nd currency is a great idea. I envision an account of KILS which is an accumulation of the 1 wit receved from a kill that can be used to perform an action from a 2nd category. This would/wouldn't be optional. If so, a bubble [Bank YES/NO].
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Possible uses:
Heal base - a large cost vs small gain. (ex: 10 KILS = 1 BASE or simply 10% gain) + cap on # of hps/turn. At no point could base be greater than 5.
Split base - 2 bases each able to be assigned hps totalling 5, and placed on special new hexes. "FORTS"
Extra actions a la' brayton:
Increase in damage
Increase in reach
Suicide bomber: send scout into FoW get a look & die. Prevents KILS point collection by adjacent enemy. Only available to runners.
Dig a pit
Plant a tree
Build a wall
Move-do-over (reset unit to original position, and then only action is move) A kind of alt version of mobi teleport. Just a very general thought, poorly written.

I'm sure there are other less insane ideas, but a guy can dream...

Interesting ideas, though i'd rather have a new builder/digger unit than another currency other than wits. The builder/digger unit can make new avenues for attack or defense, thus reducing gameplay predictability. Wouldn't it be nice if we're able to dig a pit on the top hex of SFI, or bridge the gap on glitch or thorn gulley? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy - GendryStorm - 12-14-2013 10:13 PM