Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
11-21-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2013 09:09 AM by game_taker.)
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
(11-21-2013 06:04 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(11-21-2013 05:47 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(11-21-2013 03:15 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Some interesting new ideas in this thread! If OML ever goes for Outwitters 2 I really hope they share how the plan to change the game mechanics.

Increasing the wit income and the wit cost of units would simplify game balancing, so I think that would be a good move. For actually changing game mechanics it is easy to add more rules without actually improving gameplay. Right now it feels so clean, simple, and complex at the same time. Obviously any changes would be beta tested but I think there could be a lot of unintended consequences.

Regarding turtling and soldier walls, maybe this could be done:
* Rework Bombshell to make it more an attacking than a defending unit.
* Increase cost of heavy and increase movement to 3. This would make it a counter to pure soldier walls and the movement boost would allow it as an attacking unit.

Alvendor's point is something worth emphasising. The rules contained in Outwitters are few and very simple, yet somehow this simplicity yields a lot in game complexity on determining optimal moves. This is without a doubt my very part in regads to Outwitters.

So far some of the other ideas given by CombatEX and brayton would add complexity into the game rules which would ruin the brilliant simplicity that Outwitters currently has.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy - game_taker - 11-21-2013 05:47 AM