Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
11-16-2013, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 09:58 PM by brayton.)
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy
One comment on your supply cap- It can grow over time. It may i initially be 25 on a large map, but by turn 5 its gone up to 30, and continues to grow at one/2 per turn. That way it doesnt limit strategy too much(downside is allows for turtling in late game!)

One feature I thought wouldve been good since the start is an interest system. For every 10 Wits you have, you get an extra one each turn. So if i have 12, i get one extra. 34 I get 3, but 7 none. Itd give you the wit at the start of your next turn based on how many you had left over at end of turn before.

It might encourage saving wits, but 1:10 is weak enough to allow its only use pretty much when you have 10 wits. Your 10 Wits would likely be better invested in attacking, but this nicely complements the growing supply cap!

Also, does there need to be only 1 currancy in outwitters? Why not have a secondary, less substancial currancy(such as 'kills')? Outwitters obviously doesnt need research but...
unit upgrades bought with 'kills'?

For 3 Kills you can upgrade that soldier to do one extra damage or move one further. 12 Kills for Bombshell upgrade? (Assuming BS is still around) I like the idea of the 'Kills' required to buy an upgrade is "Unit cost x 1.4(Sqr Root of 2)".

Who says we cant have any new units?
Ranged unit that deals 2 damage 2 Hexs away, with 2 health and 2 HP? Yes please!

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy, Supply Cap, Turtling, and Predictabiliy - brayton - 11-16-2013 09:49 PM