Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament [Winner: sky1988611]
11-03-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament
(11-03-2013 12:54 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  wait this is unfair to those who can't get the beta version

While this is a valid concern I would like to offer the following counter-arguments:

Time advantage
While it is true that beta testers had more time with the game than non-beta testers this advantage will diminish over the course of the tournament. The gameplay is similar to Tilt to Live (1) so if you played that, then there is not even a huge learning curve for you to climb. Sure, there are new Weapons and the scoring works differently so you will have to adapt your strategy but after a week or so I believe that further improvements to your score will come from better execution rather than gaining deeper knowledge.

Scores from the Beta
Scores on Game Center are always attached to the date they were achieved, so I can easily identify those and exclude them. I would therefore encourage all participants who are currently in the beta to delete the beta before downloading the release version, thereby resetting all progress (see below) and wiping all previously stored highscores which might be re-submitted to the live Game Center.

Progress advantage
There is a level system in Tilt to Live 2 to which 4 of the total 8 weapons are tied for unlocking. I would argue that unlocking these 4 weapons comes as part of an "extended tutorial" where you are familiarized with the new gameplay mechanics like tricks and the dot value. In other words, you will probably unlock these weapons while you familiarize yourself with the game.

So what?
There is no prize to win here, we are just doing this for fun and to channel the excitement of finally having the long-awaited successor to Tilt to Live in our hands.

Lack of alternatives
One way to prevent any advantage from beta testers would be to have no beta test. This sucks and would only be possible with a time machine.
A more realistic idea might be to exclude any beta tester from this tournament. This is not very fun and also not enforceable since anyone can just create a new Apple ID (and thus Game Center account) and participate anyway.
A sort of middle ground solution would be to erase any experience gained during the beta from the minds of all beta testers. While this presents many logistical, ethical, medical and technological problems the most convincing point (at least to me) is that this plan is just insane.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament - Kamikaze28 - 11-03-2013 01:37 AM